Chapter 1. A Turn of Events

Chapter 1. A turn of events

"Tears, pain and stress. Why would someone need friends if that's all they can offer you?"

-

I actually carried a smile on my face as I went to school. I couldn't stop thinking about the weekend.

Normally I wouldn't give two flying shits about Homecoming, but my amazing boyfriend, Jason, made it all worth while.

We have been together for 2 years and now we are seniors and still dating. I was kind of an outcast, and I still kind of am, but for some reason he saw something in me. I don't know how or why. But he talked to me, and then next thing I knew...he had asked me out.

He was my first boyfriend. What's strange is he is popular and the star quarterback. So why me? I often ask him that and he says I'm just different from other girls. I've never met anyone so amazing.

I eagerly got into my older sisters car and we soon took off.

"So how are things with you and Jason?" my sister, Eve asked. She had long brown hair that ombréd into caramel. My sister was everything I wanted to be. Smart, beautiful, kind, popular and loved by all. She was in college but never minded driving me to school in the morning and picking me up.

I let a hot blush take over my cheeks.

"Oh, um, yeah we're great." I told her with toothy grin and let out a nervous laugh. As we turned the corner, she rose her brows up in a questioning manner.

"Just great?" she asked with a hidden smirk. She rolled her chocolate eyes before gasping at me.

"No way ... did you lose your v-card!?" she hissed as we continued to drive. My heart froze and now my face was on fire. Just great. I swallowed uncomfortably.

"Not so loud! It's still ... embarrassing." I whispered the last part as I hung my head low. I heard her let out laughter.

"Elle Reigner, my little sister is growing up!! Ok, details pleasssse!" she whined as we neared the school. I groaned.

"Well it was uh. . . Painful? And we didn't do it for very long." I muttered bitterly. Although my first time had been with my loving boyfriend of over 2 years, it wasn't as magical or heart felt like how I thought it would be. In fact, not only did it hurt but I feel like Jason was just in a rush.

"Well how long?" she asked in curiosity as we pulled into the Highschool parking lot. I gulped.

"About 3 minutes I think." I told her and her head jerked towards mine with wide eyes.

"Elle! That's pretty bad. It should have been WAYYYY longer. My first time with a guy ... mind you I was 16 and not proud of my high school decisions - but it happened for at least an hour and a half. And all through out it-"

"Ew no more!! My poor innocent ears!" I said with a grimace.

"Not so innocent anymore now are ya sis?" Eve retorted. I snorted but she was right. I'm just happy me and Jason took our relationship to the next level. It's Monday now and I'm excited to see Jason.

However he hasn't called my all weekend after we...ya know. It worries me a little. Was I bad? Did I do something wrong? OH GAWD THE THOUGHT OF ME DOING SOMETHING WRONG WOULD BE SO EMBARRASSING I SHIT YOU NOT!!

But maybe his phone died? Maybe he went to New Mexico on a Sunday? Kidnapped by aliens and they refused to let him have a cellular device because it would interfere with their intergalactic plans?!?!

"Have a good day, and hey, be careful. Kay?" Eve suddenly said to break my paranoia.

I glanced at her. She had a concerned look on her face. I sighed, knowing she always had suspicions about Jason.