Reminder: Never Drink Again

Start from the beginning

"Oh my God just kiss me dammit." He shouted, loud enough for the two other people in the penthouse to head.

I decided to push his buttons, giving myself time to figure out another way to get it, "do you want tongue or no tongue?"

"You know what don't bother, I'll just take matters into my own hands."He grabbed my face in his hands, and moved it towards his before I could protest. I felt his mouth melt against mine. Some instinctual part of my brain wanted to push him away. Make him stop. But the other part, the one that didn't think rationally, wanted to kiss him back so I did. I listened to that part.

I felt goosebumps rise on my arms as he caressed them. His hand gliding up to the back of my neck as he pulled me closer. I closed my eyes for just a second, relinquishing in the kiss. His mouth was gentle against mine. Soft. Warm. His tongue protruded into it, as he explored what didn't belong to him.

A soft moan escaped his lips as he guided me to the bed, our mouths never breaking apart once. He laid me down on the soft comforter and I dissolved into it. He laid on my body, the warmth emitting onto me in waves. Some foreign part of me knew what I was doing wasn't right and knew I would regret this when I came to my senses. So with two hands pressed firmly on his chest, I pushed him off. He stumbled back slightly watching me in confusion.

I don't know what made me kiss him back or why but I had to admit that I was obviously still attracted to Rhys even after all those years. And a small part of me still hated that he did that to me all those years ago. I couldn't find forgiveness in my heart for him. At least not at that moment.

So why did I all of a sudden feel giddy inside?

Rhys stood watching me like a lion watched its prey. His eyes devoured me as he stood there, an air of confidence looming around him. His hair was disheveled and partly fell in a wave over his forehead. His eyes glistened, the blues dancing with excitement, "I enjoyed that. We should do it another time."

"You wish jerk. Fuck you." Yep, I was beginning to feel the regret.

"Go ahead, I won't mind a bit."

"Just leave me alone so that I can get ready. Please." I exasperated, feeling the afterwork of that kiss. Regret shot it's arrows at every direction of my being.

"Fine."

"Thank you," I replied finally feeling like I was getting somewhere with him.

He started to chuckle as he continued to stand in front of me. I rolled my eyes. Of course he wasn't leaving me alone.

"Whatever jerk." I shoved pass him and locked myself in the walk-in closet. One more minute of him and I would probably go ballistic.

I frowned pulling off the dress he'd insulted not more than ten minutes ago and threw on something way out of my comfort zone. I then strapped on cute sandals, and watched myself in the mirror. The girl in front of me's reflection was a mess. Her blond hair was tangled in every direction and I made quick work to flatten it out. Her lips were swollen, a deep shade of pink and I realised there was nothing to be done about that. But her eyes, they lit up like a bushfire, green fading to embers. The had a light illuminating that wasn't there before. A light that scared her. A light that scared me.

Hoping Rhys went to do, well, Rhys things, I exited the closet. But to my dismay, Rhys was perched on the bed, watching me.

He whistled and scanned my body which made me feel really uncomfortable. "Much better choice, I thought you were all vanilla and no fun."

I sighed, ignoring him as I headed downstairs. Music was blasting from a speakers in the corner of the room. Kiera was dancing around in the middle, her chiffon mini skirt swaying with the beat. I watched as Mark sat on the couch, his legs spread apart as he marveled at her, his eyes not straying from her dancing once. I felt as if I was intruding on some sort of private moment. And I couldn't help but feel out of place. Or wish that it was me he was looking at.