Chapter 31-Red Rose

Mulai dari awal

The first true emotion she'd felt of pain in a while.  Internally she groaned and shut her eyes tightly as if it would allow the scene before her to disappear.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1....Happy New Year!" They all shouted.

Camelia opened her eyes.

Horns and whistles sound loudly through the air. Confetti in gold and white streams down from the ceiling like soundless rain. Stefan and his lady lock lips and kiss passionately.

Camelia feels the impact on her own lips, touching them mindlessly with her fingers.

She darts her gaze all around the couples watching them share long passionate kisses. To her dismay she was the only one standing there alone. Searching wildly with her eyes, she scans the room finally spotting Kivanç with his back turned to her with a bright sun-kissed blonde haired woman draped over his arm.

He was kissing her.

Camelia's frown deepens. The woman's face was obscured as her hands wrapped securely around his neck.

He was supposed to be with her at the party.

Why wasn't he? She wonders, standing there silently. Feeling nothing.

She slants her gaze back to Stefan. They continue to French kiss in front of her.  It was evident they couldn't get enough of each other as their hands roamed and grouped.  They came apart, breathing heavily, their foreheads touching.  They stared at one other with love and happiness, oblivious of outsiders, as though they were the only ones in the room.

The entire world around Camelia faded as she watched on. 

They did not speak.  Their eyes said it all. 

It hurt. It's what she had yearned for.  The vulnerability she thought had left her, returned with a brutal force.

When Stefan's hands spanned the small of Selena's waist and hers lay on his shoulders only then did Camelia rip her eyes away.  Every second she spent watching them, the more her heart split in two. 

Everyone seems to be happy but her.  Self-pity ate at her insides.  Her vision swam with tears.

All of a sudden time stopped.

As if she hit the pause button on the remote control while watching a movie.  Everything froze.    The audience, the music, the dancing, the talking.  Camelia begins to move and approaches Stefan. 

She stood there, merely inches from Stefan and examined him.  His hair was back to it's normal brown color and slicked back in his signature hair do.  His face was clean shaven and radiant.  His shoulders were just as broad as she remembers.  His custom made tux was tailored to fit his body like a glove.  His paused smile was still on Selena, showing his bright white smile. 

He looked happy. 

He never missed her.

He never wanted her.

He never cared.