Chapter #9 (Taste of Euphoria)

⚠️WARNING: MATURE AND EXPLICIT CONTENT⚠️

Andys p.o.v-

We immediately left from my place. We were going to go meet up with one of my detective friends. I had to have him set up security in our new place.

This guy only worked for big bucks and even worked with criminals and crime lords. I had known him for years and he was one of the only people I really trusted.

I was one of his first clients ever.

"Where are we going so late?" Rose asked, cuddling up next to me in the back of Jake's car. It made me smile so big. She was actually taking comfort in me and wanting to be close, physically.

"To an old friend's. He will help protect us and he will offer his advice on where he thinks we should move to."

"Dons?" Jake chuckled.

"You knew that already though dufus." Jake just chuckled harder. He did know.

"Are you sure this guy is trustable?" Rose asked, her voice shaky.

"I trust him with my life."

"What about mine?" She asked boldly.

"I'm the only one who I trust with your life sweetheart. Don is just going to assist me in helping to preserve it."

She hugged me even tighter. I think I made her happy saying that. I knew she was terrified but I was starting to trust that she was trusting me and it felt good.

We all stayed silent for the rest of the 30 minute drive to Don's warehouse. I could tell Rose was intimidated when we got out of the car. There were bikes lined up along the street and guys hanging out everywhere. They all nodded at me, smiling. They knew who I was and Don most likely had told them ahead of time that we were coming so they wouldn't freak out when they saw us.

I kept hold of Rose, Jake behind us as we walked through the front.

People inside were bustling. This was a secluded area, with tons of warehouses so Don's didn't stand out. Except for the people all around outside. They weren't always there but tonight they were making their runs. Drug deals, other deals, shaking people down.

It was the perfect time for us to visit Don.

As soon as we were led back to his office and he saw us, he got up from his chair and grabbed me in a big hug. He was a big man and his hugs made it hard to breathe but it was relieving to see him and be in his presence.

"So," He let go of me and took Roses hand, kissed the back of it and then nodded at Jake, shaking his hand. "Is this the beauty, you've been talking about for so long Andrew?"

I nodded, watching Rose Blush. She was so adorable, I couldn't get enough of her.

"I already found you the perfect house. It's actually in my neighborhood. I hope it's not too far for you to travel from. You will always have surveillance, inside and outside of where you live and the neighborhood. People know better than to mess with me. This house has been vacant for quite sometime but I just had Ricky buy in from the owner. Right after we spoke actually. You can pay me back when you are able. Cameras are also installed and the base for the system is in a room right next to the master bedroom-" I cut him off, hugging him again. I felt even more as ease, incredibly relieved....

I could have cried. All I wanted was for Rose to be safe. Don had always been like a second father to me and he had always been there when I needed him.