Chapter #1 (I'm not crazy, at least I think)

Rose ~

You ever have that feeling like someone's watching you? Well I do. Often too.

I only live a few blocks away from the building where I'm a personal assistant to one of the most sexist pigs I've ever met. Ugh. I'll save that for later, you'll most likely hear me b'itch about the bastard.

But besides him watching me day in and day out, I've been getting this weird feeling, especially when I walk home at night time, after working overtime.

I don't know if it's the dark and it's mystery. Not being able to see scares me. I've always been scared of the dark. Ever since I can remember that is... I've never heard sounds, or rustles, or anything like that to indicate that something or someone is there but I can feel it.

I've always been on the paranoid side, battling with anxiety my entire life. I believe that all started when my dad left my mom for another woman. I was seven years old.

From that moment on, I had a hard time trusting men. I'm not saying I never dated them, I just never seen them as the type to stick around so I usually left whoever I was with before they could leave me. I still don't know how many potential husbands I could have had.

Maybe my paranoia about being watched came with the fact that my favorite show was Law and Order: SVU... I was terrified of getting raped. It was one of my biggest fears. It triggered my fear of men even more.

Honestly I was a mess. I had a close group of three friends, all women and outside of work they were the only people I really socialized with.
I knew I was crazy. I knew I was overly paranoid until last week that is...

A man showed up on the porch steps of my apartment building and buzzed my intercom. He explained that I needed to keep my blinds shut. Creepers were probably watching me undress...meaning he was watching me through my open window (idiot me left the blinds and curtains open). It had been raining all day, and when I left work, having worked overtime once again, it was still pouring.

As soon as I walked in the door I just wanted to peel off my wet, cold clothes right away. They felt gross against my body. Before I could get to my bra, that's when my intercom buzzed.

And there was the man who had obviously been watching. I shuddered at the thought. When I looked at him on the camera he had his head hidden by a hood but I could see a few black strands of hair falling out over his face.

What I didn't get was...why didn't he just let me continue to undress...why didn't he continue to watch...not that I wasn't weirdly thankful..

I threatened to call the cops on him and demanded that he show me his face but of course he wouldn't. But it's what he said after I told him to leave me alone that freaked me out beyond all....

'Unfortunately princess... I can't leave you alone. I've tried but this was meant to be.'

He couldn't.... He said he couldn't leave me alone and that he'd tried to... that meant he had to have seen me before...maybe he was watching me. But for how long? All those feelings I had, had about being watched and then this guy shows up and says all the things that he did.

Something out of a horror movie.

Stalker s'hit.

Although I was terrified to no end, I still walked home, like a f*ucking idiot. I didn't own a car and the bus usually wasn't running by the time I was leaving the office. I wasn't close enough with anyone at the office where they would take me home. Especially not as late as I left. And as I said before I lived to close to ask my friends to drive all the way from wherever they were to get me. That would be rude and stupid.