three

They say after a concert of your favorite, you get depression. Well mine wasn't a concert. I laid in bed, clutching my stuffed penguin tightly into my chest, heaving. This was an everyday thing. Everyday it just gets worse. I had Shawn's album blaring, all of his vines were planning on my TV. That probably wasn't the best idea but who cares. "Ellie," my dad knocked on my door. "Oh Elle," he pushed it open. I wiped my face. "You can be all sad. It's only been... three weeks." he said. I cried more. Three weeks. "Come on, get dressed. We are going to the movies." he dragged me off the bed. "I don't want to leave my bed." I snuggled my penguin. "Well too bad, we are getting your mind off of him." he said. I just nodded. "Get a shower," he motioned. I nodded.
An hour later, I was dragging my steaming body out of the bubble bath. I dried off and dried my hair. I dabbed a few drops of concealer and walked downstairs. "You ready?" Dad asked. I nodded. "I made you muffins.." Bradley said, pushing the plate to me. Bradley was the best brother anyone could ever ask for. He was so caring and tough. "Thanks B." I smiled and grabbed one. "I don't like seeing you upset, it makes me upset." He said, eating his muffin. "Me either, makes everyone upset." Dad said. "Sorry." I said with a mouth full of muffin. You know what, forget about Shawn.

We walked out of the theater and into the food court. "Mhmm, Chinese." I moaned. I followed Dad and Bradley to the line and we waited. After we ordered, we found a spot and sat down. "That movie was so cool!" Bradley said. "Yeah, it was crazy." Dad said. "Dave Franco is hot." I said. They both looked at me. I laughed. "I think that was Machine Gun Kelley but I'm not sure, I've only heard one of his songs.." Bradley said picking at his rice. I shoved a piece of coco shrimp in my mouth and chewed. The murmurs of the crowd were getting louder. "Sh-" Bradley turned around. "We should probably leave," Dad said. I pushed my chair back and carried my left over. Once the doors opened, I was blinded by flashes. "What the hell?" My dad said. We all shielded our eyes. "Eleanor! Are you and Shawn dating?!" One screamed. How did they know my name? "Eleanor, is it true?!" Another yelled. I was tempted to speak, not sure of what I was going to say. "Ellie, this way." Bradley pulled me to the car. We pushed our way through people, almost not making into the car. "Move! Come on, move!" My dad groaned. Nobody was moving. "Drive slow, maybe they will move." I said. Slowly but shortly, people began moving. I was scrolling through Instagram when I saw the video from Shawn and I. Out of habit, I clicked it. I watched as I handed him my phone, him dropping it, me turning. Then I watched part two. It was him telling me to get into the car. I was being so stubborn.
I actually felt the want tear roll down my face. I wiped it, we were still closed in. "Honk, do something!" I was getting agitated.
By the time we made it home, the depression crept in. "Come on Elle, don't be so down." Bradley put his arm around me. "I'm not I just-" I saw a package on the step. I bent down and picked it up. It was for me. I tore into the paper and pulled out the folded note.
'Elle,
I am very sorry for the paparazzi. They can be a handful. I am also sorry, from the bottom of my heart, for breaking your phone. Hopefully you'll take my offer and come to my show tomorrow in Toronto. Xo sm '
I looked into the pack, a VIP lanyard, a guest, and backstage passes. Tomorrow? Why! Uh. I groaned and ran up to my room and laid on my bed. My phone buzzed,
Hi Ellie!
who is this?
Shawn, you silly.
oh, how did you get my number??
I've got my ways.. I'm hoping you'll accept and I'll see you at my show tomorrow ?
I thought about it.
sure. I'll see you there.

-

It was nearing the time he told me to be there and I was getting nervous. "Ellie, do you think it's a good idea to go after all-" I stopped him. "Dad, no matter what happened, I will always be in the MendesArmy." I said it. He nodded. "Well, have fun sweet heart." He kissed the top of my forehead.
I finished my makeup and got dressed. I pulled my ripped skinny jeans up, zipped and buttoned them. I grabbed Bradleys flannel and tied it around my waist. I pulled my boots on and rolled the end of the pants. "Hey Dad, can I take the car?" I walked into the kitchen. "I would let you, but it seems you have a ride waiting for you." he pointed outside. I looked out of the curtains and saw a black SUV. "You should get going," Dad said, opening the door. "Yeah, I'll be home around nine." I said, stepping out. "Bye! Love you, have fun!" he called. As I walked down to the car, someone got out and opened the door for me. "Thank you." I smiled and climbed in.
The ride to the venue wasn't long, I listened to Shawn's album the entire way there. "Here you go Ms Wilkinson." he opened the door for me. I stepped out and looked around. There were two bodyguards waiting for me, paparazzi flashing. I felt famous, even though I was just Eleanor. "Elle!" A few girls yelled. "Hi, I'm Elle." I smiled at the men. "Marc," the brown haired one said. "Dave," the other one said. They shielded me until we made it inside the building. "Thanks Dave, I've got her from here." Marc said. "Have fun Elle." Dave smiled. I smiled back and walked with Marc. "Shawn's dressing room is right there, he said just go in. I'll wait right here for you." He said. I nodded and walked down the dark hall. I saw a paper taped to the door, Shawn Mendes performer. I smiled and pushed the door open slowly. Bad idea. He was standing in the mirror, shirtless. If I had that body I would look at it too. I cleared my throat to make my presence known. He spun around giving me the full package. "Oh! Eleanor!" he glided over. Don't hug me, don't hug me- and he was hugging me. I almost didn't want to let go, hell, I didn't. "I'm so glad you made it!!" he spun me around. I laughed and pulled away. "Yeah, it was crazy out there.." I sighed. "Yeah. You will get used to it." he smiled, shaking his head. What is that supposed to mean? "Okay, so soundcheck is in ten minutes and I'll need you with me. Then, we will have pre-show meet and greet, then the show, then after-show meet and greet. Sound good?" I lost track after he said 'Ten Minutes.' I just nodded. Before he could say anything else, Andrew walked up. "Hi! Eleanor, it's a pleasure to meet you. I've heard so much about you." he pulled me into a hug. My heart sped up, he talks about me? I just smiled. "Alright, soundcheck!" Shawn chuckled.