two

Shawn

I don't know what drew me to her, but I was obsessed. She was so stubborn, I loved it. I watched her intently, her hair flying within the air flow of the car. She still had her arms crossed when we entered the store. "Hi, welcome. How may we assist you today?" The guy smiled. "We have a completely shattered Iphone, we need to buy a new one." I said. "Okay, did you have apple care?" he asked. "No, Elle?" I held out my hand. She rolled her eyes and handed me the phone. "Oh man," the guy said one he saw it. "Okay, which one were you looking for?" he asked. "iPhone Six Plus, rose gold please." I said.

After getting all of the information and switching the phones over, I swiped my card and signed the bill. I bought her the best case there was, don't need to drop this one. "You didn't have to do this.." her voice was quiet. "I know," I said. She just climbed into the van. She slid into the leather seat, holding her brand new phone. "Thank you," she said. I turned my head at her. "Really, you could have just left. But you didn't," she shook her head. "No, I'm not heartless." I chuckled. "I see that," she smiled lightly. It was over. After I drop her off, I'll never see her again and I'll be torn. Not going to lose this, not now.

Eleanor

"Do you like Starbucks?" he said, his hand tapping my arm. He was fiddling with everything in the car, almost like he was nervous. "Everyone likes Starbucks." I giggled. "Okay cool. Lexen, could you take us to Starbucks?" Shawn leaned up. "Sure thing kid." The driver said. Shawn smiled and leaned back, his hand brushed mine. In movies and books they always emphasize the feeling when someone touches you. No, they were being dramatic. It was real. The shock, the swirl of butterflies, the nervousness rising. I gapped at him, staring into those damned brown eyes. Ellie! I tore my gaze from his. Warmth burned through my cheeks, giddiness exploding inside me. It was over. After he dropped me of, it would be over. I would be just Eleanor who got a few hours with Shawn Mendes and to never speak to again. Sadness took over the giddy, I frowned. Your fine Elle, get your shit together. Soon, we were at Starbucks. "Come on," he intertwined our fingers. He pulled me out of the car and across the drive. The bell jingled as he held the door open for me. When I walked in, I saw a few girls I knew from school. Their eyes flickered up at me, I shook my head quickly. Then they saw it. Amelia, Carson, Lelia please no. They nodded and continued what they were doing. I let out a sigh. "So I was thinking the salted caramel mocha," he walked up, shoving his hand into his pockets. "Yeah, I'll do that too." I said. He looked down at me, I looked up. Damn was he tall. A grin formed, his eyes twinkled. I smiled, then looked at the cashier. "Hi Ellie!" Samantha said. "Hi Sammy, can I get two Carmel Salted Mochas please?" I asked. "Sure thing, would you like your fresh blueberry muffin?" she asked. She knew my order. Chamomile Tea or whatever coffee I was feeling, and a hot, blueberry muffin. "Yeah, make that two please." I smiled over at Shawn. "Your total is seven eighty six, I didn't charge the muffins." she whispered. "Thanks," I reached down into my pocket. Turns out I did have money. I thought I threw it all at the driver this morning. "I got it," Shawn handed her a ten. The cash register opened and she gave his change back. "Your order will be right out," she smiled.
We waited for a few minutes, sat there and talked about everything under the sun, and got our coffee and muffins. "Bye, come back and see us!" They called as we left. I wasn't really paying attention, I just kept walking. I was still thinking about what would happen after he dropped me off. "Elle!" He pulled me into his chest. The car tapped its brakes, but didn't let up. I looked up at him. "Sorry, sorry." I pushed back. "Sorry," I mumbled as we crossed the street, looking this time. When I got into the car, I saw that my phone was blowing up with Twitter notifications. All about Shawn. I cleared them quickly and grabbed my cup. I took a sip, the warm liquid flowing into my mouth. He climbed in and shut the door, handed me my muffin and dig into his. "Man I love muffins," he said. I know. I know everything about you. I took a bite from my muffin now, chewing the savory, warm delight. I could feel him watching me, not that I cared. "Where to now?" Lexen asked. "Three eighty two Duffins Creek Cres road." I said. "Oh cool, you don't live very far from me." He said. I know. I just smiled.

The car ride seemed to last only a few seconds, we were already pulling into my drive. He got out and helped me out. "Today has been crazy.." he said as we walked to my door, slowly. "Yeah, it has." I said. "Um Elle," he stopped me. I looked up at him. "I uh.. nevermind." he looked away. "Okay," I whispered. "I should probably get inside.." I backed slowly. "Yeah, I need to get home to my family." He backed the other way. "Be careful," I said. I was already at my door. "I will," he was at the car. This was it. This was our goodbye forever. "Bye Shawn." I frowned. "Goodbye Eleanor," he frowned and we were gone.