Chapter 11 : Tea party

Hey guys before you read I wasn't planning on updating this chapter yet since I haven't finished the next one. As requested by @WonderlandCentral Here is a new chapter 😉
Recap:
"James if you weren't my friend I would snap you neck." I snarl and he just puts his hands up in a surrendering gesture.
Rolling my eyes I climb on my bike and race down the street with James squealing behind me.
Present:
Poke. Poke. Po-. I smack James hand away from my face. "What it's like six in the morning." I growl at him.

"Actually its seven thirty and i tough-" I cut James off by smacking him with a pillow

"You don't know how much I dislike you, I just wanted to inform you that you're going to be late to your meeting with the crew." James sniffed and walked out of my room.

Aw shit i forgot about that. Running to my closet I throw on a leather jacket, white crop top, black pants, and combat boots. Jogging downstairs I grab a banana and the keys to my motorcycle. "Bye James!" I yell out to my partner.

Running to my bike I'm about to take off when James comes sprinting out in front of me. "You -gasp- forgot -wheeze- your mask." James pants.

"Shit yeah I forgot to get one but I ca-" I start to say before I get cut off.

"Here I got you one last night, you can thank me later, now go."

I smile up at him and put the mask on under my helmet.

With a roar I fly out of the garage and toward inner los santos.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\🔜

Pulling around to the back of the coffee shop I pull the keys out of the ignition and take off my helmet.

I walk in through the back door of the small building called jitters coffee. I sneak up behind a worker with the name tag Liam who looks to be around seventeen.

"Excuse me." I calmly say
Liam jumps and looks at my surprised.

"I-i'm sorry miss but y-you can't be back here." He says stuttering.

Taking a wad of one hundred dollar bills from my pocket I hand them to him. "I'll make sure that my friends and I don't break anything while your gone." I pause to see him gawking at the cash. Rolling my eyes I continue.

"Why don't you go have some fun for the next hour or two, your boss won't even know you left." I say while shoving him out the back door.

Turning around I look at the clock on the wall to see that it was seven fifty eight. I made it with minutes to spare. Yay me.

I turn to the machines behind me to fix myself a cup of coffee. I hear the ding of the bell above the door and a deep voice address me. "Yeah hey we'd like two black coffees and one cappuccino."

I snort "yeah gimme a sec mister."

I hear the scraping of chairs and two men grumble about some one being late.

The bell jingles again as I set down the three black coffees and cappuccino. With my back still turned away from the men I hear one of them grumble a "finally" while the one who ran in apologizes.

"Oi asshats I have your coffees ready." I smirk and turn around .

"Hey lady you shou-" Basically stops short when he sees my mask. Vanoss speaks next. "So you're griffin."

"What, does the mask give it away?" I hop over the counter and grab our drinks. "A peace offering." I say flatly

"I suppose..." Delirious trails off. "Have we met before?"

"We've probably seen each other on the street plenty of times before but probably never knew it." I hand him his drink and put the other two coffees on the table.

He looks at me with I suspect an eyebrow raised behind his mask. He shrugs and doesn't say anything else.
I pull up a chair and sit down with them.

"So griffin, we've been told that you might be a good addition to our crew could you tell us why that is?" Vanoss asks

I take a sip of my coffee and sigh with satisfaction. "Well I can use just about anything as a weapon, I am stealthy and light on my feet, I've got no attachments, and I'm great on a motorbike."  Most of that was true except the thing about having no attachments. I thought I could be cold hearted and independent but I wouldn't be where I am today with out Alice and James. I mean I'm still a sarcastic bitch but I do have a heart.

"Do you think you're up to being in a crew full of nine rowdy guys?" Basically asks

"I've dealt with a crew like you before, this should be a cake walk." Well I actually have dealt with them before but we're keeping that a secret.

"One last question do you have anyone after you or with a grudge against you." Vanoss looks up at me through his owl mask.

"No. If I did it could endanger the crew. I wouldn't want to put my teammates lives in danger." Yesss. Crew safety is always a win in Evans book.

Vanoss looks over to delirious and basically. "Could you give us a minute to discuss?" Basically asks

"Sure, also did I mention I can cook?" At the mention of food Delirious's head snapped up.

My ticket into the group was through food if they didn't think the rest was good enough.

Walking behind the counter I opened the back door and slammed it pretending I left. I slunk down to the floor and listened to their conversation.

"I vote yes." Delirious says immediately.
I hear Vanoss sigh "Just because she cooks doesn't mean we will let her in, a gang relies on trust."

"To be fare we do need someone who is good with bikes Nogla is trash with them." Basically pipes up

"Cheshire trusts her and she also has no attachments..." Vanoss trails off mumbling things I couldn't make out from my distance. "I would like to see her in action before we make it completely offici-"

"We've already delayed Cheshires wishes by interviewing her associate. Can't we just admit her already." Delirious says exasperatedly taking a swig of his drink.

"He has a point. I don't want to delay Cheshire more than we have to." Basically looks over to Vanoss hopping his words swayed him into favor of letting griffin in.

After a moment of silence Vanoss speaks. "It's settled then. Griffin is now one of us."

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

So... hi there (͡ ͡° ͜ ͡͡°)
Well this chapter was kind of slow but it will soon become EXTREME...ly good with rising action. Yay....
Ok but I'm all seriousness it soon will have more action than just sitting around and talking. Even I'm disappointed with how little action there is so I will have some lined up for you in the coming chapters. Until next time!

- Barn owl 🦉

Word count - 1214

Don't be a silent reader! I'm open to constructive criticism! If you see a typo or a mistake you could just point it out and I will fix it!