CHAPTER THIRTY: GUILT IN THE EYES

[3rd Person's POV]
With all the girls squealing and the flashes of cameras going off, everyone began to vote by placing a sticker on the picture they thought was best.
Finished with everything, Akane and Shin changed out of their clothes and exited the backstage door. "..you.. when you were in Akuma..", Shin began, having Akane face him. "..did you he--", Shin said, only for him to be cut off when the principal walked by. "Principal..", Akane called out suddenly, having him stop and turn. "Ah, there you guys are", Jin said, with Lily and everyone else following behind. "..you're Akuma, Akane, correct?", the principal asks as Akane walks up to him. "Yes", she nods. Principal stares down at Akane, with a small look of guilt in his eyes.

[Akane's POV]
'His eyes... they're avoiding mines..', I thought as I slightly narrowed my eyes. "Oi. Don't think that we forgot what we're doing here. Headmaster has already offered a truce, old man. Accept it", Mira crossed her arms. "Is this how my brother has raised his students..", he muttered. "Ignore that, but.. why don't you just accept it?", Tomo asks. "..because it is something I do not want to easily accept. Now, excuse me..", the principal began to walk away.
Narrowing my eyes, "then what about this..", I speak, having him halt. "I see the look in your eyes.. you're hiding something.. perhaps it's something about me", I say, causing everyone to turn towards me.

[3rd Person's POV]
'She's.. sharp and keen..', principal thought.
"..You're wrong. I know nothing of you", he says, leaving to his office.
"..that's a lie.. I can hear your heartbeat..", Akane muttered. "Hmph.. that was odd..", Tomo shakes his head. "..Mira, Tomo.. follow me", Akane orders and begins to walk towards the dorms.
"..that was weird..", Jin scratches his head as the three Maru Assassins watch the figures get smaller.

[Akane's POV]
After locking the doors to her dorm, I pull out my laptop and video called Headmaster.
"Ah.. nice to see you all once more. How is everything coming along?", Headmaster asks as he flips over paperwork. "Terrible. He won't budge", Tomo shakes his head. "It's annoying me. Headmaster, can we just come home?", Mira asks, only for Headmaster to shake his head and drop his pen. "I'm sorry, but I entrust you, three, to fulfill my assignment", Headmaster says.
"..Headmaster", I call out, having him shift his eyes towards me. "..That principal.. he's hiding something, I feel it.. always whenever I meet him", I mutter, having headmaster say nothing but look at me. I look into his eyes and I find the sign of guilt, but he soon breaks away from my gaze. "..it's probably nothing", he finally says. "Headmaster. It's my 6th sense, I know there must be something. Do you know about it? Tell m--", I begin to speak before to cuts me off. "AKANE!..", he shouts, shutting me up. We all go quiet, surprised by his sudden outburst.
"I-I'm sorry. I have much to do. Please drop this subject for now, good luck on the mission", he says before ending the call.
"That was.. weird", Tomo muttered. "..if it's your gut feeling and 6th sense, Akane.. its most likely right. There's something both of them are hiding.. I can see it in their expressions", Mira nods. "..I'm putting a hold on this mission.. I'm going to find out a little secret..", I say, looking at Tomo and Mira, who nod in understanding.