CHAPTER ONE: RETRIEVE

[Akane's POV]
"Ughhhhhhh, another safe mission? We've been doing these every time Maru Assassin Academy takes it back", Mira groans. She was the 2nd top assassin in the academy, with silver hair and grey eyes. We despise each other, but we are the best duo there is. "Just deal with it", I roll my black eyes, and moved my long, black hair to the side. "Acting all cool now, Akane?", Mira mocks. "Leave her alone already, Mira", Tomo cuts in. He was the 3rd best assassin here. Tomo had dirty, blond hair and green eyes. "Defending your little girlfriend?", Mira tilts her head. "She's not my girlfriend, geez". I only sigh and enter my dorm. "Remember we meet at midnight!", Tomo calls out before I slam the door.

[Shin's POV]
We leave the principal's office, and made our way to our next lesson. "Meet in the center court at 11 pm", I say. "And there it is! Mr. Bossy pants is here", Jin rolled his hazel eyes as he scratched his light brown hair. "Just because you're the top assassin and leader of our team, doesn't mean you can boss us around", he continued. "Uh.. It sort of does, idiot", Lily scoffs as she fixes her long, purple braid. "Tch, who allowed you to talk?", Jin sneers. "Such a child..", Lily rolls her blue eyes. "Ugh..", I sighed and picked up my pace.

[Akane's POV]
Midnight came and we stood before the entrance gates. "Welp.. Here we are", Tomo sighs. "Can't wait to get this over with", Mira cracks her knuckles. "Remember headmaster says our intention isn't to kill. Our goal is the safe. We can do whatever, but no deaths today", Tomo reminds her and she only clicks her tongue. "We're assassins. We're suppose to kill", Mira rolls her eyes. "C'mon...", I mutter and we sprint inside. We run up the walls, and entered through an open window on the 4th floor. "Headmaster said the principal room in on the 5th floor", I tell them. "Then let's go", Mira says as we make our up the stairs. We walk down the hallway, staying alert, until we reach an enormous door. I push the door up, and we found 3 figures waiting for us.

[Shin's POV]
We find three rival assassins in front of us. One was a guy in similar assassin/mission clothes as us. He wore a black v-neck shirt, with baggy, black jeans that had a chain hanging down, which hung a dozen of ninja stars. The other was a girl with long, silver hair in a black tank top and black shorts, with a chain that had a dozen of daggers dangling. But one particular girl caught my eye for some reason. She wore the same as the other girl, but she had long, black hair and dead, cold eyes. All three of them wore combat boots, along with black finger-cut gloves.

[Akane's POV]
In front of us were three other assassins. They wore very similar clothes to us. The girl wore the same tank top and short, and the guys wore similar v-necks and jeans, except they wore a black zipper hoodie as well. One of the girls had a long, purple braid, and the other guy had light brown hair. For some reason, my eyes landed on a guy with jet black hair, and empty, cold black eyes.
"Well.. You must be Maru's top 3 assassins, that our headmaster said were going to be guarding the safe.", Mira flips her hair. "Sorry, but you're not taking this", the guy with light brown hair said. "Well.. Here we go", Tomo says and shoots three ninja stars.

[Shin's POV]
A little caught off guard from how quickly they get into battle, we dodge the stars. "How reckless.. Is this how K is teaching their students? Recklessly engaging in battles?", Jin says as he dodges the star. "Reckless? What is Maru teaching? Engaging in a battle slowly?", the girl with silver hair asked as she lunged for me with a blade.

[Akane's POV]
As Tomo and Mira were talking and fighting, I stayed silent. I lunged for the purple haired girl with my dagger, and slashed every way as she continued to back up. I slashed and kicked, until she grabs my foot midway. She twists my foot back, and flips me to the ground. She pins me to the ground, and holds a dagger to my neck. I kick her off, and kick the blade out of her hand. She pants heavily, as for myself, I still had a steady breath.
'Her moves are reckless.. If it's out of the 3.. She's the third best'
"Tch.. Not bad..", she says between pants. I only silently stare at her.

[Lily's POV]
'Her moves.. She's not even panting.. Is the the top in K? Her moves.. Her swiftness.. She's on the same level as Shin..!'
She continues to stare at me for some reason.
'What is she planning?'
In a split second, she lunges at me, but she sheathes her dagger. She punches me in the stomach, sending me flying. She begins to hit me, with two fingers in each hand. In the next instant, I couldn't move. I laid on the floor, paralyzed.
'W-what.. What is this.. Did she..? Did she hit my pressure points..?'
She stands up, and pats her short from dust. She stares at me for a second, registering my shocked expression. She then moves away from me, causing me to do nothing but lay there.

A/N: I'll continue this series, depending how it's going .-.