CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: BATHUMP

[Akane's POV]
The next morning came, and everyone was already dressed for breakfast. With all of us making our way down the hall, out of my corner view of my eye, I saw Shin's neck. It was red, seeing a faded hand print. I look down at my own hands.. clenching it in disgust..

[Shin's POV]
As everyone ate, everyone talked and chatted except for the K assassins. They all kept quiet, not uttering a single words towards us, or even each other.
"Alright! Once you're done, head out and take your time looking around. In 3 hours, come back and we'll begin our tour", Sensei announced to everyone.
After cleaning everything up, Lily, Jin, and I stood outside of the inn, waiting for K. Walking out in silence, not looking at one another, they make their way out and we silently began to walk.

[???'s POV]
'Akane..? Akane.. what's wrong?'

[Akane's POV]
"Akane, we'll meet you at the shopping center. I'm gonna go with Tomo to buy some snacks", Mira waved to me. "We should buy some, too", Lily tells Jin. "Yea, I'll come. Meet you there, Shin", Jin waved and it was just us, two, left.
'I'm a danger.. Akuma.. Everytime she takes over, I can hear and see what 'I' am doing.. yet I have no control.. She seems to be coming out a bit more often now.. why..'
As I thought to myself, I missed a step. I came back to reality and saw myself about to fall down the stairs when I felt a strong grip around my wrist. The strong grip pulls me back, turning me around. I fumble backwards, wrapped in a large pair of arms.. it was Shin.

[Shin's POV]
Akane was muttering in thought as we began to head down the stone steps. That's when she missed the first step and my eyes widened as I saw her slowly fall forward. Out of reflex, I grabbed her wrist, pulling and turning her around. I pull her towards me, wrapping my arms around her for hold.
*bathump* *bathump*
"..Oi..", I don't know how long I was holding her, but I heard her call out. I immediately let go as my cheeks felt hot and my heart was beating rapidly for an unknown reason.
"Sorry. Tch.. watch where you're going K", I sigh, pushing her away, I make my way down the steps.
As I continued to walk down, I heard her quietly trial after me. I hold my head down, with a blushing face. I put a hand to my face as my face heated red, blushing all the way to my ears.
'W-what's with me..'

[Akane's POV]
'Tch.. what's with him.. Oh well, not my problem..', I thought as I quietly walked behind him with my arms crossed..
*
We come to a stop in front of the shopping district, and the rest don't seem to be here yet. Taking a seat besides each other on the ledge of the fountain, we sat in silence as we waited for them.
I glance over to Shin with the corner of my eye, and found him on his phone. Diverting my attention to his neck...

[Shin's POV]
From what Jin texted back, they should all be back in a few more minutes. Just as I close my phone, "hey..", I look up and find Akane leaning closer. Her long, black hair hung from the sides, as the rest of her locks rested against her shoulders.
Reaching out a hand, she slowly came closer.. With widened eyes, I stared at her with bewilderment. Her warm hands slowly touched my neck, and it stayed there.
*bathump* *bathump*
"..is your neck..okay?", she muttered, looking at me with her neutral, black eyes.
On reflex, I slap her hand away, leaving her to stare at her slapped hand. "..I'm fine..", I muttered. "..Next time.. if Akuma comes.. can you just end my life..". My eyes widened as she stared up at the grey sky, seeming like it was going to rain.