CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: DRESSED AND READY

[Akane's POV]
My eyes slowly fluttered open, and I was greeted by the afternoon light through the window. I slowly sit up, only for pain to course through my body and mind. As my mouth slowly opened for a yawn, I immediately snap it shut, for my jaw hurt as if I was punched in the face.
I look around and find myself in the nurse bed, and beside me was Mira resting her head on the side of the bed, sleeping. I slowly put my hand on top of her head, "..Mira..".
Just as I whispered her name, the soft sounds of footsteps came in and a familiar head stuck out from the curtains. "Ah! You're awake!", Tomo runs up to the bed, causing Mira's eyes to slowly flutter open. I retract my hand and watch her slowly get up. "..Akane..", she mutters with her eyes cast down. "Mm.. I'm okay", I nod. Mira doesn't bother to look up, but tears slowly began to fall. "..Mira..", Tomo muttered.
"A-Akane..", Mira croaks as she holds the covers tightly. "..I'm alive, Mira..", I mutter as I rest my hand on her head, letting her cry it all out.
'..I'm still alive.. you're not alone'
*
After everything was dealed with, we made our way to the classroom. Filled in by Tomo, our class has forfeited our event since Akuma destroyed everything during the fight. As we walk in, I was immediately pushed into the dressing curtains for the Couple Contest.

[Shin's POV]
"Ah! We can't win the event competition between classes, BUT we can win the Couple Contest! And what's a better theme than a Wedding theme!?!?", the head coordinator from White Rank squealed.
"Haha, looking sharp, Shin. I'm you're best man, right?", Jin broke out laughing from his own joke, only for me to sock him hard in the stomach. "..ugh..", Jin groaned as he held his stomach. "You had it coming", Lily shook her head. "Here.. let me fix this", Lily stood in front of me, fixing my black tie.
I wore a simple black suit and tie, a white dress shirt, and black, glossy dress shoes. I kept my hair the same, not giving a damn about it. "There", Lily nods in approval.
"TCH! AKANE! JUST COME OUT!", Mira's voice filled the class. "What's.. happening in there..", Jin muttered. "It's normal, they're always like that", Tomo shrugged with a grin. "NO! TCH! I'M GOING TO KILL THAT PERKY HEAD COORDINATOR", Akane's growl echoed over the silent classroom.
"..heh.. she's.. just joking right?", the head coordinator sweat dropped. "No she isn't. I recommend you run soon", Tomo nodded gravely.

[Akane's POV]
"Just... get.. OUT!", with that, Mira finally pulled me out of the curtains and I stood before the class. The boys' faces immediately went red and the girls awed.
I was forcefully dressed in a long, white wedding dress that was a heart neck line. I wore one inch white heels, along with a white and pink flower crown. I held a bouquet of red and pink roses, where the petals were already falling, due to me smacking Mira with them.
"..Tch..", I click my tongue. "Yessss! Perfect! Okay okay! Now time for you guys to get backstage! All you have to do is walk across the stage and look happy, that's it!", the head coordinator squealed.
As everyone bustled out of the class, I glared at Mira, who was laughing and taking pictures on her phone. "You look beautiful", Tomo said to me. "Hm? Oh, thanks?", I shrugged.

[Shin's POV]
As I looked at Akane, I felt my face suddenly heat up. She slightly glances over to me and we make short eye contact, but she soon breaks it off.
'..she remembers and heard, huh?..tch..'