CHAPTER TWELVE: INTERESTING

[Akane's POV]
"SCHOOL TRIP?!?", the class annoyingly erupts at the teacher's announcement. "Mhm! Each class will be heading to Fujioka on separate days. Our trip day will be in 5 days", Sensei announced, causing the class to squeal. 'How annoying..'
As the class happily chatted amongst themselves, I scanned the class with my eyes.
'They're odd.. What kind of assassins talk like this? Take trips like this?'
"Akane? Hello?", Tomo's voice brought me to reality. I then find Tomo and Mira, giving me a confused face. "What are you thinking about?", he asks. I only shake my head. "And there you go. Akane is back to her usual self, quiet and annoying", Mira grins, causing me to only roll my eyes. We were still in class, given a 10 minute break before the next teacher comes in. "What's the point of this trip anyways?", Mira says what I've been thinking. "Hmph, you never had a school trip before?", Jin says, standing next to Shin, who was still in his seat. We only stare at him with a blank face. "Seriously?", his eyes slightly widen.

[Shin's POV]
"K is a professional assassination school. We don't have time for school trips", Mira says, crossing her arms against her chest. "Hm.. You trained to fight aimlessly and you never experienced a school trip. K is just a prison, well.. At least that's what it sounds like", Lily puts a hand to her hip.
Mira suddenly grabs her by the collar, looking at her dead in the eyes. "Don't bad mouth my home", she hisses. "Mira..", Akane finally speaks up, having Mira slowly let go. Fixing her shirt, Lily only clicks her tongue. "Yeesh.. A girl's fight is basically World War II", Tomo grins. "Which makes your type of fights very weak", Akane says, sighing with her eyes closed. "Akane ~ So hurtful", Tomo jokingly says, resting his head on Akane's head. Seeing that, I felt the urge to punch him.. Or some feeling inside me made me uneasy.
'It's probably nothing...'

[Akane's POV]
"Okay, okay. Quiet down. You all are very excited about the school trip", the next Sensei comes in. "Hm? Looks like our top 3 has already become acquainted with K's Assassins. Why don't I sign you 6 up to be in a group?", Sensei began writing something on her notebook. Mira bangs her head on my desk as Tomo face palms hard as he hears that.
'Us? Acquainted with them? Tsk.. Please..'
I look over to Lily and Jin, who crossed their arms and were clicking their tongue. Shin on the other hand didn't seem to care, only looking straight to the front of the class.
When all our courses ended, I immediately left first. Chasing after me with a confused expression, Mira and Tomo finally catch up to me. "Hey, where are you going?", Mira asks. "..I need to talk with headmaster. School trips? I'm only here to complete the mission", I quietly say. They follow me into my room, locking the door. I pull out my phone and dial to headmaster.
...
"Hello?"
"Headmaster", I spoke through the phone.
"Ah, Akane. Is Mira and Tomo there as well?"
"Yo ~", both Mira and Tomo call out.
"About this mission. Do you know about this.. Whatever it's called, 'School Trip'?", I ask.
"Yes, of course"
"Headmaster. We're only here to complete your mission.. We.. More like I, don't approve of this. I'm a professional assas--", he cuts me off.
"Being a professional assassin also means to follow orders. And think of this as a vacation. You never experienced something like this. Take this as a gift from me to you. Bye".
...
Sighing to myself, I toss my phone to the other side of the bed. "We can't disobey headmaster's orders..", Tomo said. "I know..", I mumble.
'A school trip.. I feel like this isn't gonna go well'
"What's with that face? Are your instincts telling you something? As much as I hate to admit it, your instincts are pretty accurate.. I'm not complimenting you, by the way", Mira says to me. "..whatever. Just stay aware and vigilant during our trip.. I feel uneasy".
We leave my room, closing the door behind me. As I done so, I bumped into someone. I look up and find a tall man with black, grey hair looking down on me. "..A-Akane A-Akuma?", the man said with widened eyes. "..How do you know who I am?", I ask, suspiciously looking at him. Clearing his throat, "W-well, I'm the principal of this academy. I know very well who all of you are", he looks from Tomo to Mira to me, once again. "So.. You're the brother of headmaster?", Tomo asks. "Mm.. Yes.. I should head back to my duties. Have fun on the trip", he said, quickly walking away. "Akane Akuma? Your last name is Akuma?", Mira raises an eyebrow. "Pretend you never heard that", I sigh, beginning to walk. "Akuma? Doesn't that mean Demon? Or Devil? ..that explains your way of fighting", Tomo mumbles. "Well, now we know what the principal looks like. We better start negotiating", Mira sighs, crossing her arms as we walked.
'That principal.. He had a very odd expression when he looked at me.. Interesting..'

A/N: How's this series going guys? Trying to lightly add the romance in so it doesn't take over the assassin and action part :) Leave a vote and comment your thoughts or ideas for future chapters ^^ (I give credit to those whom give me the ideas I incorporate in the chapter, just so you know)