28

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Minho asked, aiming the question towards Gabi.

"What the hell's wrong with you, siding with . . . that," Gabi answered.

"She is not a that, you colossal bag of klunck," Chuck fired back.

I have a very sassy group of friends, You thought, wiping a few stray tears from your face whilst smiling.

Very, Thomas answered.

"You're messed up," Gally said, warily holding a hand out as if to hold something back. Maybe it was to stop Gabi if she lunged at him. You knew for a fact, that was definitely not going to stop Gabi from at least tearing your corneas off.

Gabi shifted in her seat, making the tension in the room skyrocket and Newt tighten his grip on you; listen, you weren't complaining, but soon you wouldn't be able to breathe.

Gabi got a look on her face like she just solved the biggest problem to ever exist. "Uh-huh,"

"You're absolutely demented," Minho concluded. "You need help," River shifted in her sleep, making everyone go still. She let out a small puff of air and resettled on Minho's shoulder again.

"What?" Gabi asked, her voice lower to not wake up River. "I just want to ruin (Y/N)'s life. I don't want to kill her. But I might try that if we make it out of here-"

"No," Thomas stated.

"No what?"

"You're staying," Winston pitched in. Everyone - other then Gabi herself, of course - seemed to agree on the matter. Even Alby seemed okay with it. And he never agreed to anyone, no matter who you are, dying.

"Wh- what?!" Gabi shrieked, "Y-you can't do that!"

"Why not?" You asked. "It's not like we did anything wrong, after all,"

Gabi looked like she had been punched in the gut. Well you did kinda just stomp on her by her own accords. What comes around goes around, am I right? "Bu-bu- You can't- that's-"

"Stop blubbering. You still have time before we go," You said, "Enjoy your last hour,"

"That's against the rules!"

"Oh," Newt said. "There are rules now,"

"Of course there are, you asshole!"

"That's a bad word!" Oh, no. Gabi's in trouble. You turn towards Minho, who has River, seething with anger, clutching to his shirt. "You can't say that word,"

Gabi tried for a laugh. "What is this tiny bitch gonna do? Color on my face?" She turned to Teresa. Teresa's eyes wide with fear, she shook her head, practically begging Gabi to shut up. But it was far too late. River was already standing next to Gabi, hand raised over her head. When Gabi's eyes turned to the five year old next to her, River's hand was already barreling down. It hit Gabi's head with a slap, then went up again and fell down. It happened repeatedly. Gabi sat there, trying to stop River from hitting her again. Gabi brought her hand up to River's chest and pushed as hard as she could, sending River flying backwards into the closest wall.

"River!" You stood up, and ran over to the little girl, kneeling next to her. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," She stated, sitting up and running her hand over the back of her head. "But I don't think she is," River pointed to where Gabi was getting countless murderous looks.

"Gabi," You said with a sigh. "That was probably the stupidest thing you have ever done. Everyone here practically lives for River's sake, so what do you think happens to people who hurt her? Especially people older then her?"

Gabi didn't answer. She backed as far away as the small room would let her.

"I wasn't sure at first," Chuck mumbled to Thomas. "But now I don't know why I hesitated,"

"Couldn't agree more," Thomas agreed.

"Okay, then," Newt exclaimed. "The decision is made. No going back now,"

"Please," Gabi pleaded.

"How many times did I tell you that, but you still continued to beat me?" You asked, feeling a little murderous now. "'It's always fun to watch you beg. Beg some more,'" That's what Gabi said one time when she was kicking you in the ribs. (A/N: Feel free to kink shame.)

Gabi stood up slowly and walked straight up to you, bending down and getting right in your face. "Fuck you and all these bags of shit you call friends," Then she brought her hand up, parallel to her cheek with a fake smile. "One last thing, though," Then she slapped you as hard as she could.

There was a lot of screaming and the next few seconds slowed in a daze around you. As soon as you could see straight again, you tasted something metallic. Jeez. Did she break skin or did you bite your tongue? The pain caught up to you a few seconds later. The stinging was the worst part. It actually felt as if the whole side of your face went numb a few times. You turned to one side and spit blood next to someone's foot. Then they stepped in it.

Gross.

Then there was someone holding your neck gently, turning your face to get a good look. They were mumbling curses and other things you couldn't make out. There was a sea of reddish-blonde in your vision. The only thing a different color then full out red. You turned to the side, pulling out of Newt's grip, and spit blood again. You kept your eyes closed, dizziness trying to overtake you.

Damn, You thought, Gabi is strong.

There was a slam, like a door, and most of the yelling stopped. There was still some yelling, it was kind of muffled. You guessed they had managed to throw Gabi out.

"Damn you to hell!" You heard Gally holler.

"Did she bite her lip or something? That's a lot of blood," Minho asked.

"Could I check?" Newt asked you. You slowly obliged. "Her tongue and cheek,"

"Damn," Thomas whispered somewhere to your right.

The blood seemed to be pouring out of your cheek and tongue quick, since you had to turn and spit again.

"Your lucky that just missed my shoe," Gally threatened.

You didn't even make a move to say something back, since the world seemed to tilt and your hands flashed out, grabbing onto anything to keep you from falling over. Newt steadied you by your shoulders, holding you up.

"That's not good," Chuck said.

"Nope," Winston.

You tried opening your eyes, but the light only made the dizziness worse somehow. You instantly shut them, trying to stay as still as you could. "I'm-I'm fine. . . Just. . . give me a minute," You shifted, sitting fully. You took a deep breath.

"Oh, I did good on that one!" Gabi exclaimed, watching from the nearest window. Then she shrieked, running around the Homestead, yelling something about 'Ugly zombie mutant looked at me.' What she meant, you didn't care. At the moment, you were fighting the urge to throw up, right then and there. Either on Newt or Minho. Preferences didn't matter.

And the next half an hour was going to suck Griever butt.

(A/N: Two updates in one day! I just rewatched the movie and started getting to ideas of what could happen. Hope you enjoyed!)