But one thing he realised while staring at her was that, wherever she went, it had really upset her. It wasn't like he cared about that at all, but sitting silent would get him nowhere.

So he spoke up first instead.

"May I ask what's wrong, love?" his voice softened in an attempt to catch her attention, which of course worked.

Davina's head shot up at the sound of the smooth voice, her bright eyes meeting those of the Mikealson. She furrowed her eyebrows and rested her elbows on her lap, still eyeing him in suspicion. "Don't act like you care. You even threw a knife at me the moment I stepped in."

Kol just let out of a sigh of frustration, rolling his eyes boringly. Unwillingly, he chuckled bitterly as he leaned against the wall, running his fingers through his chocolate hair. "I was mad. Staying in an attic for over two hours trapped really distressed me. Don't take it personally though, little witch."

"Are you kidding me?" she scoffed while shaking her head, "You think I would fall for your little trick? You don't seem like a person who's sorry for anything. Just, forget it."

And just like that she stood up and headed to the small bathroom in order to find some bandages for the wound. After several minutes she walked out again, her feet leading her back to the table with the pile of books as she grabbed the top one. Even though she had turned her back on him, Davina could still feel Kol's piercing eyes locked on her back. He knew the witch could sense it, which is why she started tapping her fingers frantically on the table, letting out small breaths.

Eventually, she flipped out.

"Will you stop with the whole staring thing? It's creepy." she spun around and looked at him, slightly narrowing her eyes suspiciously at him.

"No, until you tell me where you went."

Oh god was he serious? His demand only made her chuckle ironically, at the point where it began to be annoying how forceful he was. "You are in no position to demand this. Plus, that's none of your business."

Kol laughed, amused by her quick answer. His eyes, the darkest shade of brown Davina had ever lay her eyes on, were the hardest thing to read on him; in the blink of an eye they could turn into a horrifying sight, colder than ice and crueler than any punishment. But on the other hand they could also be serene, even enchanting as they narrowed whenever a smirk formed on his lips. In the end though, regardless his mood, they always had a tint of melancholy mixed with the playfulness he always showed. What was truly hiding behind those eyes?

Like they say, the eyes are the door to the soul, but in Kol's case, the door led to a dead end. There was no soul. Just a pair of deceptive eyes.

"You have a point there, darling. So how about this," he said and sat in the armchair, "I am going to ask questions about where you were and you will answer with a yes or no.."

"That's not what-"

"And in return, I will answer to three of your questions."

"What? That's not fair at all." she puffed her cheeks with an eye roll, "You get to ask countless questions and I get to ask only three?"

"Fine. Three each of us." he suggested.

She thought about it for a moment, hesitating. Well, she had finally the chance to actually get some answers from him and she couldn't just let it slip right out of her hand. In the end, she just nodded her head quietly, getting a satisfied smirk from him. Whatever.