Chapter 1

It was just one of those days that I would be likely to be beaten up by my father.

He hated me ever since I was born, yet I don't know the reason why.

I was his only beloved daughter so why, why would father hurt me this badly?..

He made me feel worthless, nothing but a waste of time, waste of air, waste of everything I could ever put in....

How I want everything to just end, I never wanted to be in this cold cell, I never did anything wrong but to please father... so w-why.....

I had always thought about those things whenever I sit lonely into this cell underneath our mansion, as I look at my necklace that my mother gave me as a young child.

She told me to "never open this locket until you want answers or.... meet.... him...".

I never know what she meant by that, though I would always think that it is part of something very important so I must wait for that time, and not break my mother's promise because of my excitement.

I look up to my cell and saw there was a tiny cell window, I saw the moon.

It was fairly round with white color glistening around it and has a calm aura to it that always would ease my pain away.

A tear rolled down from my little warm bruised cheeks as the moon reflects itself, falling down with my wish too.

"I wish to live somewhere I can be love and free"

A cling sound was heard from the tear drop, as my body dropped on the floor from exhaustion.

Not too long that my body enlightened by lights that formed out of no where.

Then soon it disappeared into the dark breezy night of a beautiful full moon.

The icy wind blown towards my body had woken me up.

I looked around but no cell nor a person was found.

I felt a little happy that I had been taken outside but felt a little different and most of all scared.

There were huge trees that were covered by snow, my feet getting red from the coldness, my nose and hands getting numb by the second.

I felt like I was left here by purpose, to die from coldness.

I thought of one thing, my father did this, that he finally want to get rid of me, so he left his only daughter here.

To die.

Not only that my body was freezing but my cuts and bruises plus my blood with it were frozen from the outside.

It hurts even just by looking at it, and so I stayed like this for two hours.

How can a five year old kid survive like me, especially when I'm hurt, so how can she be able to survive in this snowy cold place?

Well, I was saved by a man who was wearing a green vest, a headband that had a symbol in the middle, a mask that covered half of his, black eyes that slightly would turn red, and white spiky hair slightly like mine.

He covered me up with some warm blankets to keep me alive as he leap into the trees as I passed out at the time.
-
I was outside the hidden village coming back from a secret mission and as I was close to the gate I found a little girl almost dying from the cold.

I got closet as I saw that she was badly injured so I immediately took out my blankets inside my bag as I placed it over her.

This little girl almost has the same features as me, I wonder who she is. Though she looks more like her.....

I carried her inside the village and took her first to the infirmary as I let the medics deal with her for now.

I went to Hokage-sama for my report then told him about the little girl and responded "I'll see to her when she wakes up".

I went to the dango store and sat, the owner asks me what do I order and replied "three sticks of dango".

As the orders came and before I took a bite I felt the presence of Guy, running towards here and fast too.

This time I didn't run because one I didn't feel like running, two I'm trying to enjoy my dango and three it looked like that Guy was carrying someone.

He was then by me with that little girl who I saved just outside the village.

"H-hello..there...m-mister...... I'm here to thank you for u-um...sav-ing...me...." she says shyly and quietly.

I slightly ruffled her hair as I said and smiled beneath my mask "you're very welcome".

She was quick to react as she looked down to her feet with a slight tint of blush on her cheeks.

I then asked her is she would like to take a walk with me as we go to the Hokage tower.

She nodded unsurely but took a confident step.
-
He took me for a walk as we preceded to walk towards the Hokage towers even though I'm not very familiar with my surroundings, I had put my trust into this man who saved my life.

I was still a child so I acted like one, a very curious child but quite matured.

"Hey kid what is your name?" My savior asks.

"I'm Lucy Keys..... what is yours?" I replied.

He looked at me with a... shocked face..?

"Ah... hello Onii-san...?" I said trying to get his attention.

"Oh um yes, my name is Kakashi.... Hatake.." he replied with hesitation to his surname.

I smiled as we got to know each others name.

We finally got to the building, it was red but huge.

Like a castle with "fire" written in Kanji on top of the building.

My mouth was wide open as if it was a great site for me, but then I was curious of those monuments behind this building.

I have a warm feeling that made me happy for the first time.

I wished this place will now be my home...
~
ぎお_ねこ