I sit in the library and write the paper, it turned out to be a little longer than what I wanted. But, it'll do. Calum hadn't shown up yet so I sat in the back and enjoyed the silence. The librarian is hardly ever up here. She would rather sit in the lounge room and flirt with the soccer coach, not that I really blame her.

"Sorry." I jump slightly when Calum slams himself down in the seat in front of me.

"That's fine" I say and turn the second paper over. "Ready?"

"Actually, no. Do you mind if I just...like not do French? I have a lot of other homework to do that is way more important."

"I guess.'' I say and shrug. He gives me a breathless smile.

As the hour goes slowly on, he drops his pencil and sighs. "Are you okay?" I ask him and he nods. He seems angry, his movements are harsh and quick and his face has had the same annoyed look.

"What's this?" He asks and reaches for the papers, but I pull them away.

"An essay." I say.

"You're still on that?" He asks.

"Well, I've had to fix some things, but yeah." I say.

"Can I read it?" He asks.

"No." I say flatly and he raises an eyebrow at me.

"Why not?" He asks.

"Because it's personal." I say.

"What's it about, your cat? Your favorite pair of heels?" He asks with his eyebrows raised. he had a small attitude and it made me uneasy.

"How lame, no," I say, rolling my eyes. "My mom." 

"Okay." He snorts. "Why your mom? But I get it, moms are so great. I didn't even know you had one." He says and I start to get offended.

"I don't." I say and try to keep myself from getting angry.

"What did she do? Run off like every other bitch ass parent does? They tend to do that."

"No. She didn't." I say and hold tightly onto the pencil in my hand.

"Surprise.'' He says. "Where is she then?"

"She is dead."

"Of course she is.'' He sighs, it doesn't sound angry, like the rest, just resentful, and I do not like it.

"What the hell does that mean?" I say a little louder than I intended.

"It just fits perfectly. How did she die?" I stare at him and he just stares down at the table, bouncing his foot.

I just look at him for a moment, my grip growing tighter and tighter on my pencil and I narrow my eyes. "Breast cancer."

He gives a small snort. "Seriously, Molly." I look away from him and he gasps. "Holy shit, really?" He suddenly gets that I am not joking, I just want him to understand that he needs to shut up. Now.

"What? Did you think you couldn't die if you got it?" I say angrily. I stack my papers and take my any and quickly stand. "Everyone else thinks that. It's a type of cancer. You can die from any cancer."

"I-I no, no! I just thought that... uh, wait. Don't leave, Molly, please. I'm sorry. I didn't think you were serious, I'm sorry!" He groans as I run out the door. I hear him behind me and I quickly knock past everyone. "Molly, wait, goddammit, please." He yells after me and I make it to my locker. I open it and quickly step up. I take my skateboard and run for the doors just as he reaches me. He growls and launches himself at me. I make it out the doors just in time but he grabs my skateboard. I let it go and Luke steps up behind me and blocks him. I see Jasper and I slow to a stop. "Be a pal." I say and drop my heavy bag beside him as soon as Calum gets around Luke.