Chapter 11: Beginning to Trust

A few hours later, we were all back in the Astral Plane, recovering from the battle in Izumo.
I was looking for Takumi, but no matter how hard I tried, he was somehow able to keep on avoiding me.
I wasn't exactly sure why he was doing that. I mean, all I wanted to do was talk to him.
Finally, I was able to find him at the Mess Hall after dinner.

I walked over to him, ready for the worst. "Hey Takumi."
He gave me a somewhat stern look. "...what do you want, sister. The only reason I was acting the way I did in Izumo was because of what happened. It was nothing more than that."
I slightly recoiled, surprised by his comment. "...is something wrong, Takumi?"
He slung the Fujin Yumi across his back and crossed his arms. "...yes. The fact that I don't trust you."
I sighed. "Takumi..."
He shook his head. "What? Do you really think that because of what happened in Izumo means that I trust you? I already told you no."
I grit my teeth. "Takumi...come on!"
"Now, if you excuse me," he said with a sigh, "I'm going to see what my retainers are up to."
Before he had the chance to leave, I grabbed his right wrist with my free hand, and let go of the Yato. "Takumi. Wait."
He struggled in my grip. "Let go of me!"
I ignored him, keeping a firm grip. "Takumi. I just want to talk to you."
He sighed. "...fine."
I then let go of his wrist, slightly smiling. "Thanks, Takumi."
"...whatever."
I then got an amazing idea. "Wait a second...if you don't trust me...that's it! Takumi, why don't you train me on the bow?"
He crossed his arms. "And why would I do that? What will I get out of this?"
I shook my head with an annoyed sigh. "Were you even listening to me? The whole idea about this is so we can build up our trust. I mean, what's the worst that can happen?"
He thought for a minute before responding. "...fine. But you only get once chance at this, understand?"
I nodded. "Of course. Thanks Takumi."
He slightly smiled. "Not a problem...sister."
I couldn't help but giggle at his comment. "That's the spirit. Now, when and where should we meet?"
"Hmm..." Takumi said aloud, obviously lost in thought, "how about some time after our next battle, here in the Astral Planes? I mean, that way no enemy can interrupt our training."
I nodded. "Alright. Sounds like a plan. Oh, there's one more thing."
"Oh?"
"I have a question to ask you," I said with a sigh.
"Fire away," Takumi said, crossing his arms.
I slightly hesitated. "Um, I was kinda wondering if you'd like to team up with me in the next battle, whenever and wherever it might be."
He sighed. "Sure. I mean, I don't see why not."
I smiled. "Great."

I then went back to my Private Quarters.
I all honesty, that meeting with Takumi went much better then I thought it would.
With a sigh, I sat down on my bed and yawned.
It was getting late, and we had an early morning tomorrow, and I needed my sleep.