Chapter 2: The Gift of Ganglari

After some time, we finally made it to Windmire the capital of Nohr.
Father greeted me with a smile. "I see you made it here safely, Kai."
I nodded. "Of course, Father. I've always hoped to see you and visit Castle Krakenburg again. It's like I'm dreaming..."
Father slightly chuckled. "You are only here because of your skill. I've been told.tbat you're nearly on par with Xander. You can finally become a warrior of Nohr."
Elise then spoke up, concern in her voice. "But Father, is Kai gonna be okay outside of the fortress?"
Camilla nodded. "I worry as well. Kai would probably be in danger if she lived outside the fortress's magical barrier!"
I slightly giggled. "I'm glad that both of you are concerned, but I'm proved myself, and I'm ready to fight."
Father interrupted our conversation. "Kai, as you're well aware, our kingdom is at war with our easterly neighbor, Hoshido."
I nodded. "Of course, Father."
He nodded before continuing on. "All of us in the royal family are descendants of the ancient gods, the First Dragons. As such, we have their divine strength, and we can conquer our foes with ease. Once you learn how to wield that power, you can destroy an entire army of common troops. Both of your brothers and Camilla have proved that they possess this power. I expect to see the same from you."
I nodded. "Of course, Father. I hope I'm able to meet your expectations."
He sighed. "I see. Regardless, you will need a suitable weapon so you can serve," he said before drawing out an impressive blade.
I gasped. "Wow..."
Father sighed. "This blade is known as Ganglari. It is infused with magic of another world. You can crush the Hoshidan army with ease by using this sword."
I nodded as I took the blade from him. "Thank you for this gift, Father."
Father then slightly smirked. "Now, I want to see you put that sword to its proper use. Bring out the prisoners!"
I looked at Father. "Prisoners?"
He sighed. "These prisoners are from our most recent skirmish with Hoshido. I want to see you use that sword to strike them down."

Gunter then looked at me. "I shall join you, milady. My skills are a bit rusty, but I still have them. Jakob, I assume you'll be joining us as well?"
Jakob nodded. "Naturally. Lady Kai, there is no need for you to kill this filth. Leave the fighting to Gunter and myself. Afterwards, I shall make us some tea."

The female prisoner spoke up. "I am Rinkah! Daughter of the Flame Tribe's chieftain. Tell me, what is your name, Nohrian princess?"
I sighed, gripping my sword. "I'm Kai."
Rinkah let out a slight gasp. "Kai...it can't be..."
I looked at her, slightly confused. "Huh? Have...do you know me?"
Instead of her replying, the male Hoshidan spoke up. "...I am Kaze, a Hoshidan ninja. Show me what you can do."
Father slightly chuckled. "Kill them all."
It took a bit, but we defeated the Hoshidans.

Kaze let out a sigh. "So, this is how it ends..."
I placed my right hand on my hip, as I held my sword in my left hand. "Phew. They were really tough. I just hope all Hoshidans aren't this strong!"
Father growled at me. "Don't just stand there, Kai! Kill them!"
I slightly grit my teeth. "But...Father...they're beaten. You want me to kill helpless prisoners?!"
"You dare question me, Kai?! I told you to kill them! That's an order!"
I growled slightly and shook my head. "No! I refuse to do it!"
Father sighed. "I won't argue this any more," he said before using Ragnarok on the prisoners.
"Gods..."
He then went to do it again, but I blocked the attack, taking the blunt. "Nnngh..."
Kaze looked at me. "Hm?"
Elise cried out. "Kai! Oh no..."
Xander let out a sigh. "Unbelievable..."
I then collapsed to the ground in pain, and Father yelled at me. "How dare you defy me, Kai!"
Xander then spoke up. "Father, please forgive her! She doesn't understand the situation."
Father grunted. "Fine. Xander, you kill them instead."
"Nnngh..."
"DO IT! KILL THEM ALL!"
I couldn't bear hearing Father yell, but I couldn't do anything. I looked up at Xander. "Big brother...please..."
Camilla sighed. "Kai, don't interfere anymore, please."
Elise was watching, contemplating if she should help me.
Leo then muttered something to himself, and then ised Brynhildr to defeat Kaze and Rinkah. "Father. I have disposed of the enemy. I only ask that you would be merciful in Kai's punishment."
Father growled. "I'll decide later," he said before storming off.
At that point, I couldn't take the pain I was in any longer, and I passed out.