Chapter 8-The Boys are Fun

Harley's Point of View

On Sunday, Ryder decided we should have fun with Marcus and Jake. I agreed and now we were all meeting up at a Starbucks.

"Come on just get on my motorcycle," Ryder pleaded.

"I still don't see why I can't just drive us," I say stubbornly.

"Because you're a horrible driver and you won't give me the keys."

"Please," I whined.

"No besides if I'm sleeping with you than you better listen to me." Ryder says grinning.

"You use that as a bargaining chip every time," I muttered.

"You know it babe, now come on, if you come with me,  I'll let you pick what we do today," he tried. I sighed and went over to his bike and hopped on behind him.

"Better hold on," he said. I rolled my eyes, but I put my arms around his waist as he started the bike. Once we arrived, we both got off the bike and headed inside where we found Marcus and Jake with four cups of coffee.

"Dude, what took you so long?" Marcus said slightly annoyed as Jake handed us our coffees.

"Harley, she is just as stubborn as me and she kept refusing to get on my bike," Ryder said rolling his eyes.

I punched him in the arm. "Yeah because you never gave me a reason why I couldn't drive us." I said growing annoyed.

"Jeez you sure can pack a punch, and as I said before it's because you're a horrible driver." He said matching my tone.

"For the last time I am not a horrible driver," I said just a little too loudly.

"Yes you are, now let's get out of here you're making a scene." Marcus said noticing everyone looking at us.

"I'd like to see you drive without any experience and make it home alive," I muttered. They chuckled and start to discuss what we should do today.

"Wait hold up Ryder said I could pick," I point out.

"No way, I'm not getting my nails done," Jake said mockingly.

"Jake you're so rude, do I look like a girly girl to you? We are going to play paintball," I announced proudly.

They all quickly agreed and we all get on our bikes, me being with Ryder, and head towards the paint ball place. We played with two of us one one team and two of on the other switching teams every time. For the past three rounds, my team had yet to lose. For the last round, I was on a team with Jake. We hid behind a wall as we formed a plan. I went left as he went right. I ran to the next shelter, ducked behind some covering and found myself face to face with Ryder. I quickly reached for my gun but he grabbed my hand first.

"Hold up," he said not letting go of me. "Truce?" he offered. I was skeptical but he kicked his gun a few feet away. I gave in and set mine down.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing, I just wanted to kiss you," he admitted.

"In a grimy paintball park?" I asked. "How romantic."

He laughed and leaned forward. I let him kiss me and wrap his arms around me.