Chapter 10-Life Goes On

Harley's Point of View

"Are you okay?"

"Huh what?" I said snapping out of my thoughts.

"I said are you okay?" Sophie said growing even more concerned.

"Oh, uh yeah, I'm fine. Let's go," I said getting into her car.

My insomnia had gotten way worse these past two weeks since Ryder stopped sleeping with me, I barely got any sleep and if I did it was in twenty minute intervals. It had gotten to the point where I ended up drinking more coffee than water most days.

Sophie drove me to school now, I was worried I would fall asleep behind the wheel. Classes were worse, my grades slipped, I snapped at everyone who talked to me and yelled at all my teachers, it was a shock Sophie even tolerated me at this point. We got to school and Sophie parked and turned to look at me.

"Look have you tried calling your parents again? Maybe sleep with someone else? I'm really scared you don't look okay," Sophie said the worry evident on her face.

"I tried calling them each like 50 times, I can't get any pills without one of them signing off, and I tried sleeping with Connor in the room, but I ended up screaming and scaring him." I paused and yawned but continue. "I've just never felt this way before. I feel helpless." I said tiredly.

"You can always come to me for help, I know I can't help with your insomnia but if you ever want to talk or something, I'm always here," she said sincerely.

"I know," I said smiling. We walked into school and we headed to math. Sophie sat next to me in the back and I immediately plugged in earbuds and ignored the lesson. Sophie wasn't lying, she was extremely smart and always gave me her notes if I needed them. The teacher saw me and glared at me. He stormed over to my desk.

"What?" I said getting extremely annoyed.

"The first day you show up for my class all year and you have earbuds in. Can you get any more disrespectful?" He said angrily.

"You want to see more disrespect? I'll show you-" I started to threaten before I was immediately dragged out of the classroom by Sophie.

"Please calm down," she said worriedly.

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. "Look I'm sorry, go back in I'll be fine." She looked at me uneasily, but walked back to class. I called my house and asked one of the housekeepers to send Marty to pick me up. I went to the parking lot and waited for him. He came in about ten minutes.

"Thanks." I said as I got in.

"No problem Harley, don't worry I'll call the school and say you're sick." He said smiling comfortingly.

I nodded and looked out the window, once we pulled into the garage I went up to my room and grabbed my cigarettes. I sat out on my balcony with my sketchbook. For awhile I just sat smoking and drawing my view. I was so tired, I did everything possible to stay awake but I felt myself drift off anyway. A little bit later, the hallucinations came back and suddenly I'm brought back to the roof I did everything possible to forget.

Ryder's Point of View

I was in music with Blake when we decided to scrap our songs with Harley seeing as she didn't want to work with me, we were currently trying to pick out a new song.

"What's up with Harley anyway?" Blake asked curiously after we picked a couple out.

"What do you mean?" I said cautiously..