Chapter 11- Finding Harley

Ryder's Point of View

"Let's think about this. Where would she go?" I said calming down a bit.

"Who cares let's just call the police they will know what to do," Marcus suggested.

"She has a record they wouldn't care," Jake reasoned. "Besides won't that just get her into more trouble?"

"What if we just go over and see if she left anything that could help," Sophie suggested. Not having a better idea, we all went through the balcony and into her room. It was extremely messy, boxes were everywhere, clothes were spread all over, and her bed was flooded with photo albums. I went over and looked through the albums.

They were all photos of her before prison when she lived in Vegas, her playing soccer, moments with her friends, and one album of her and a boy from when they were toddlers up until her eighth grade graduation. Weird I thought Harley went to 9th grade in Vegas, where were those photos?

"Uh guys I think I found something," Jake said. I went over to where he was and look at what he had found. It was a framed photo of Harley, Hailey, and that boy Harley shared an album with, but the glass was shattered as if someone had punched it.

Sophie gently brushed off the glass and took out the photo.

"Wait the back says Daniel, Harley, and Hailey," Jake said pointing to the back.

Sophie turned it over. "Why do I recognize that name?" Sophie muttered to herself.

"Didn't Harley mention a Daniel when she was hallucinating on her balcony?" I asked.

"Yeah but something else, it sounded like a name Hailey had mentioned before," Sophie explained.

What was the connection? Why did Harley shatter the glass? I was so confused if he we her best friend why would she feel that angry?

"Do you guys think she killed him? I mean it would explain why he was in her hallucinations," Sophie said slowly.

"I remember at our date Harley was talking about her 'partner in crime' and suddenly stopped and didn't want to talk about it." I said proving Sophie's idea.

"Wait hold up are we really saying that Harley killed her best friend?" Marcus said. We all looked at each other no one wanted to believe that, but it wasn't like she went to prison for picking flowers.

Suddenly we all heard a slam and stomping. Our eyes widened in realization, someone was home. The door to Harley's room opened and Devon walked in.

"What are you four doing here?" he asked.

"We were watching after Harley because she has been a bit off recently and she disappeared when we weren't looking," Sophie explained.

"We were only here because we were trying to figure out what happened to her," I added hoping it would help.

His eyes darkened and he looked at us. "Well I was sent her to figure out why she was on the highway at three in the morning."

We all look at each other, worry was evident on all of our faces. Devon must have realized that and sighed. "I would head in the direction of that Target near the highway," Devon said quietly.

We all rushed to Sophie's car while Devon kept searching her room. I got in the passenger seat while Sophie drove and Marcus and Jake sat in the back.