trois.

"This is all still so damn weird."

"I agree," Jimin sighs. "I've never seen such a pretty adult human before."

"Jesus, I'm talking about having a damn elf in my house," Jungkook mutters, a light blush blooming under his cheeks. "Stop hitting on me."

"Hitting...?" Jimin's delicate brows knit together in confusion. "I am not injuring you in any way, what are you talking about?"

"No—" Jungkook shakes his head. "Never mind." He averts his eyes from Jimin's and back to his presents, which include a Big Bang shirt from Seokjin, a pair of white Vans from Taehyung that have the words Damn Daniel scribbled on top of the box (which is to be expected from Taehyung because of his stupid obsession with memes), and a mug from Yoongi.

"Would you you like to see my gift?" Jimin questions, peering at Jungkook. "I think you will like it."

"Sure," Jungkook agrees, and takes the beautifully wrapped gift swathed in red and green striped wrapping paper. "Damn, this is pretty."

"You have not even opened the gift yet," Jimin giggles, and Jungkook swears his heart stops for a moment at the sheer adorability of the elf.

"I like the wrapping paper, though," says Jungkook, grinning as he stares at Jimin. "I wonder what the gift is." Feeling Jimin's eager gaze on him, Jungkook peels back the paper. His eyes instantly widen and his lips part, allowing just enough air for a shallow gasp. "Jimin— What— Jimin, oh my god—"

"You don't like them?" Jimin hangs his head. "I am very sorry, Jungkook, I thought—"

"Are you kidding?" Jungkook squeals, ensnaring Jimin in a tight embrace. "I've been wanting Timberlands for ages! Thank you so much!"

"Oh." Jimin breathes a sigh of relief, gently patting Jungkook's cheek. "I am glad you like them."

"I love them! I love you!"

Jimin laughs heartily, his small eyes crinkling up into even smaller crescents. "Oh, Jungkook, you are much like a child: overexcited and very adorable."

Jungkook wonders if interspecies romance is possible.

❄︎

Hanging out with Jimin was the most embarrassing yet most fun experience Jungkook has ever had. He'd quickly realized that the elf didn't know much about normal everyday life in the human world, which led to several very awkward situations throughout the day. For example, the two had gone out to eat, and Jungkook had bought a burger for each of them. Jimin had curiously picked it apart, and, if that wasn't embarrassing enough, loudly declared that the patty resembled a pile of reindeer poop, and that he wasn't going to eat it.

(Jungkook won't be going back to that restaurant anytime soon.)

However, Jimin's unintended adorability was very pleasant to have around, as he'd always be asking Jungkook, with a wide innocence reflected in his eyes, questions about everyday things such as vending machines and carbonated drinks, to which Jungkook would give a vague answer that somehow managed to please the elf.

Right now, the two are back at the apartment, where Jimin is curiously staring at the TV, puzzled by the Christmas movies.

"Why do all these films have Mr. Claus in that red outfit? I heard that he did not even wear red that often."

Jungkook blinks. "What do you mean, you heard?"

"Why, he has passed, of course," Jimin says incredulously, seeming surprised that Jungkook doesn't know this information. "It has been quite a few centuries since Mr. Claus has passed. We honor him every year on Christmas Eve before the elves begin their trips deliver the presents. Of course, I had to leave a bit earlier because I still needed to restore Christmas faith in you, so I was not present for the actual ceremony. But I honored him in my heart." Jimin lightly pats his chest, as if proud of himself.