Chapter 1

"Wake up Serafina! You have been sleeping since noon, get up child!" I bolted out of bed and screamed. Aunt Ayla could wake up all the crabs, dolphins, and mers, with one shout.

     "Thank goodness child, I woke you up just in time, you were dreaming of Sirens!" Auntie said while she swam up to the coral balcony. "I was? I have been getting night terrors about the Sirens." Flashbacks of all the terrors I had of the witches flew past me. Those Sirens, are to not be disturbed.

     I swam towards the bathroom across the hallway and washed my face.

     Astrid would be meeting up with me at the Coral Cafe, we get ourselves breakfast in the mornings.

     "Good morning Serafina! What a beautiful child." Mrs. Opal sighed. She has always been so generous and loyal to our family, she was the first person my mother met, before she had passed away during the ambush.

     "Good morning ma'am" I bowed my head in return.

     My copper scales were always adored, loved, and they were rare in most mers. They always shined from the light above the ocean. My hazel eyes were the same as other mers, and my light, wavy brown hair reaches my back and floats gracefully.

     I finally spotted Astrid sitting at a table looking at a fashion catolouge. 'Typical Astrid' I thought to myself.

     I swam above her so that she couldn't see me and, "Good morning Astrid!" Astrid jumped up and almost slapped me with her long black hair.

     "SERAFINA!" She screamed. "Don't ever do that again! You scared the crap out of me. Do you hear?" I hid my giggles behind my hand and tried not to show, but she knew I was having a great time.

     "Haha very funny." She mumbled under her breath. She turned her attention back to her catolouge but I pulled her arm and dragged her with me toward the cafe to we could order our breakfast. I had ordered a clam sandwich, and she ordered a clam burrito with a little lobster, once again, typical Astrid.

     "Soooo, any night terrors last night?" Astrid curiously asked.

     "Yeah, it wasn't really a terror, but it was creepy. It was about me and you, and six other mers being lured by Sirens across the seas, and then being claimed that we are the descendants of the Six Apprentices. It seemed so realistic, but it couldn't be."

     I didn't believe the message from the Sirens, as they were all about fantasies, cruel jokes, and spells.

     Astrid had looked as if she had seen a pirate! Her face all sweaty and hot "Hmm. That is awfully strange. That doesn't seem like the other night terrors you blabber on about."

     She chuckled nervously. I tried remembering if I had read about the tales, legends, and scrolls about Sirens, but I didn't recall anything. "Hello, Serafina?" I snapped out of my daydreaming thoughts and brought my attention back to Astrid. We had continued eating and chatting with other mers. "I'm finished, you?" I nodded my head and said goodbye.

     I swam back towards our small, coral home and didn't see Aunt Ayla in her bedroom, so I went to mine. The beaded pearls on the entrance were pink mixed with white.

     My canopy bed had seaweed mixed with pearls on the top acting as a cover, and everything in the room was white or pink. I dove into my bed and grabbed one of my favorite Siren Legend book and scooted more towards the wall. I flipped to page 163 and read...

     Legends say that six powerful mermaids will cross the Seven Stones and meet in the Southern Sea to where the Sirens layer is. All six mermaids will have a night terrors of the event before it has occurred. All mermaids have been ancient descendants of the Six Apprentices for their whole lives. Sirens left a message east of the Empire of Lunes as a warning for the event...

     Be ready for our curse. Six mers will come and learn, the truth about their hidden lives as the Six who shall Rule.
                               -Merinada

     I shivered thinking of the past night terrors I had. I couldn't believe it. No wonder... Astrid was sweating and had wide eyes during breakfast while I was repeating my recent night terror. She must had had it too.

     "It couldn't be." I mumbled "It just cou-"

     I heard a loud bump in the main hallway. I jumped out of bed thinking that my Auntie had come home from wherever she was, but nobody was there. I turned around to return to my bedroom when I heard the bump again but softer. I jerked around and didn't see anybody creeping behind me.

     "Hello?" I whispered. I waited for a response. None. "Is anybody here?" I whispered once again.

     I slowly got up and swam out of the door. "Auntie, are you home?" I shouted across the house. Utter silence was the only thing I heard. *Bump*. I snapped my head over to the closet in my bedroom. "A-auntie?" I stuttered.

     I swam over to the closet and opened the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi people! So this is kind of my first book... I'm not really so talented in writing, but I love books!!

If anybody has suggestions or they found grammical mistakes, please comment it in the comments and I will surely reply!

Thank you for actually reading this!!!!

I might have an off schedule with posting  since I go back to school from winter break and starting second semester.

P.S~ The note was not meant to rhyme or anything since Sirens are kind of poetic sometimes!!