30. sickening comparison

"You have the best boyfriend in existence," Ella laughs lightly as she tries to find a vacant spot in the schools parking lot.

"I wouldn't say the best, but close to it."

Smiling softly I remember yesterday afternoon. We ended up putting on Jurassic Park and pulling out the lounge. He ended up holding me against him with the fuzzy blanket he brought, covering us. For some reason, his fingers started to trace patterns on my hand. During the movie he would make horrible puns, the most common being that'll hurt in the morning. I never picked him to be one of those annoying pun makers, but you never know.

Mom came home and got quite a shock, giving him a lecture about missing school which I pledged saying he didn't. Therefore, he left after giving a nervous explanation of what was happening. That's when mom gave me so much crap it wasn't funny about how sweet he is and how lucky I am. Honestly, I am so freaking conflicted about Grayson.

He's nice, polite, caring, sickeningly sweet towards me.

Then a selfish, arrogant jerk around Aaron.

Dude, you're giving me whiplash and so many damn migraines.

I never know what Grayson I'm going to get and that just leaves me confused. One minute, I'm starting to have miniature feelings for him and the next I want to slap him. If only everything was as simple as black and white.

Ella manages to get a park reasonably close to the entry where crowds are spilling inside. Tonight's an important game, Jackson High vs Kaiser High School. It's a game made for violence, pride and most importantly rivalry. So it comes to no surprise, seeing students walking around in their teams full colours. I even saw our mascot wrestling with a hawk.

Jaguars vs Hawks. Interesting.

I nervously rub my hands against my jeans, the weather still being chilly but thankfully nowhere near as bad as yesterday. But it's still cold. Walking into the grounds I observe the field, trying to look for signs of Jacob. However, hearing hushed whispers from a girl that goes past makes me stop in my tracks.

"Omg she turned up"

"Does she know?"

Furrowing my eyebrows, I continue to walk with Ella despite the weird conversation I heard. Except it doesn't just stop there. My palms start to sweat at the sympathetic stares I get making me question exactly what is going on. Not all these looks can be from Grayson and I's fight yesterday. Surely, not.

I keep my head down as we climb the metal staircase to the grand stand, Ella's name gets called out. Almost instantly she rushes over to Joshua with me in tow. When I look up I notice his eyes widen and he starts to gape like a fish. I look around, feeling nothing but confusion.