23. future expectations

The moment we stepped inside the dinning room I felt extremely nauseous. All eyes were on us, despite us being taller than those sitting it felt like we were under a magnifying glass. The extended table has eight chairs, three are occupied by family members and their partners make the rest. I take note that the only two seats left are on opposite sides of each other which only adds to my dread.

Grayson pushes my lower back slightly, pulling the chair out for me which is beside two females and towards Gwen's head of the table. I sit down, mumbling a thank you to Grayson. Instantly I flatten out the skirt of my dress, observing the rest of the people at the table.

Beside me is who I presume to be his eldest sister. The give away would be the bright blue of her eyes and similar facial structure to Grayson. Her brown hair is straightened and ending at the start of the strapless red dress. Beside her is a blonde wearing her hair in a stylish bun, wisps of hair framing her tanned face perfectly. Similar to me, her dress is dark but hugs her curves perfectly.

"Are you going to introduce your girlfriend son?" I flicker my eyes between the two males.

Almost instantly, the man makes me want to shrink down. His voice is harsh, strict and laced with authority. The dark green eyes are focused on me as if burning through me. I take note the same skin tone and hair colour is shared between them. Having his dress shirt rolled up to his elbows as well is almost scary, but clearly a habit he passed down to his son.

"Aria this is Georgia, my eldest sister and her girlfriend Taylor. Then my father, Greg. The middle child Grace and her fiance James," My heart comes to a stop upon seeing Mr Anders sitting beside his sister. "This is my girlfriend Aria."

My teacher is engaged to his sister, that explains the confrontation I walked in on. It's because they've known each other for god knows how long. Something that I've noticed a common theme is, the G names. Greg, Grace, Georgia, Grayson? A family tradition or what. I give a slight smile to Georgia who is smiling at me, at least one family member isn't staring me down like I'm prey.

"Its good to finally meet you. I was kind of getting worried that the day I'd meet you would be at Grace and James' wedding. I presume you'll be going," Greg speaks, I suck in my cheeks and flicker my gaze to Grayson. "I'm guessing that detailed slipped his lips. The wedding is in three weeks and you're invited, if you're still around then." He chuckles and I raise an eyebrow.

"Excuse me for sounding rude but I don't quite understand what you mean by that," Greg stares at me, a smug expression tugging on his lips.

"What I mean is. My son doesn't have many girlfriends that stick around after they meet the family. I don't think they fully grasp onto the reality that comes along with being with him." Confused, I look to Grayson who is leaning back in his chair staring at his father with a pleading expression.