27. plotting pranks

Hitting the backspace button I try to think of the right wording to describe Gabriella Smith. I keep flicking between tabs, looking at the email from her current boyfriend. At a party last night she was caught hooking up with a senior, not just any senior either. Parker of all people. I found out from Ella on the way to English and now I'm drafting the profile in Extension English because we have no teacher.

As the bell goes, I find myself locking my phone upon seeing the cafeteria slowly get crowded by people. I nervously fiddle with my necklace, spotting Parker of all people coming into the room with Gabriella following. My eyes fall down to their hands interlocked, feeling a fire of anger ignite. Are they kidding? Is he seriously going to be with a cheater?

He gives me a dirty look, sitting down opposite us. I notice the bright smile on Gabriella's lips, noticing a bit of red lipstick smudged and on her tooth. She seems to basically lean on Parker as he sits down, acting like a magnet. I go to speak but he stands up excusing himself as he goes to line up at the food line.

Gabriella smiles at him, battering her eyes flirtatiously at him. Once he goes away her brown eyes fall on me and instantly the bright gleam is gone. Her arms cross over her chest, pushing up her chest and exposing part of her middle. How that fits the school policy I don't know. Unless it's sports carnival, your stomach needs to be covered and skirts/shorts fall mid thigh. If not, you get a call home and have to change.

"You may think you have everyone fooled but I know exactly what you are," I raise an eyebrow, rotating my phone from edge to edge on the table.

"And what exactly is that?" She laughs once, crossing her legs over one another.

"You're an attention slut. You can't seem to stay out of the spotlight, with the whole cheater thing with your first boyfriend. I wouldn't be surprised if that was a stunt. Now you're clinging to Grayson and his friends." I scoff, staring at her in disbelief.

"Grayson is my boyfriend. I think I'm allowed to cling to him if I want to," She smirks, my eyes looking at the smudged lipstick.

"Right. But his friends? I don't think so. I know the true you and how everyone else sees you is nothing but a lie. You're a good for nothing, attention-" She stops all of the sudden when I laugh, her smirk faltering.

"Wow. Um, okay. Sure. Let's just pretend half those things are as true as the fact you don't currently have a boyfriend. Wait, that's a lie because you do!" I fake gasp, covering my mouth. "Next time you decide to cheat, make sure it isn't in a public place where everyone can see. I've been told and heard it multiple times." She stares at me, shaking her head.

"How-"

"Sorry. Nearly everyone knows, also you might want to check your lipstick." She gets her phone, checking it before rushing away.