8. unfortunate agreements

Tapping my nails against the desk my eyes keep flickering to the clock hanging on the wall

Tapping my nails against the desk my eyes keep flickering to the clock hanging on the wall. He's running late. They both are which leaves the pit of anxiety to swell even more with each passing minute. I fiddle with the corner of the stapled papers feeling sick at the thought of what I'm getting myself into. Finally I managed to type up a somewhat of a contract after emailing back and forth with Grayson.

Now I'm getting signatures from us both as well as Aaron. One of his demands was that after this is all over he won't be broadcast on the website and he won't get hit by Aaron. In all honesty, the latter is probably going to be the hardest one to guarantee.

I don't even want to do this, but what choice have I got? If I don't Aaron won't get into his dream school. He's worked so hard for that and he shouldn't have to deal with the repercussions of my mess. I'm the reason we created the website, it was to cheer me up by expressing my hatred for my ex. Biting my lip I start to read over the paper in front of me.

The following is an arranged agreement between Aria Mitchell and Grayson Jones. If either break their promises, the other will no longer have to keep their word on the broken commitment and will have free will over the other.

Her:

-will not decline PDA with exceptions of illness

-must attend two dates a week

-admit to dating Grayson for three previous months

-fake date for two months

-PDA includes hand holding, hugging and kissing

-nobody is to know apart from Aaron

-Aaron won't beat Grayson up at the end of the arrangement

-on request dress up nicely

His:

-nobody is to find out about the creators of Heartbreakers

-don't talk about Heartbreakers with anyone

-no groping

-kissing must be consented

-no comments are to be made to Aaron about Aria in any shape or form

-even after agreement is over nobody is to discover the identity of the creators behind Heartbreakers

-no cheating even if it's a fake relationship

If any of these agreements are broken the other party aren't obligated to keep their side intact.

Swallowing the lump in my throat I try to keep a strong facade when I hear the door squeak open. My head pops up to the front of the empty classroom noticing Grayson. He looks at me with a small grin, walking over and sliding onto the desk beside me. On instinct I move over only for his arm to pull me closer.