Freedom at Last

One Year Later

"Say...dada!" Natsu said, bouncing the baby up and down in his arms, staring down at her chocolate brown eyes. "Say...dada" he repeated then sighed when the baby closed her eyes, deciding to sleep. "Luce sometimes I get the feeling that I'm boring Nashi" Natsu pouted, walking towards the kitchen, passing Juvia and Gray who were helping with the decorations.

"Of course you would, you ain't fun" "Shut up ice boy" Juvia chuckled.

"Lucy" Natsu called, walking in the kitchen but sighed when he saw Grandine putting the ham in the oven. "Mom have you seen Lucy?" Natsu raised a brow. "She's up in her room, she said something about cleaning" the mother said then turned to Igneel who was unwrapping the turkey.

"Honey I need your help" she said "Okay"

"Okay.." Natsu walked out the kitchen and towards the stairs with the baby wrapped in the blanket. He walked up the stairs and through the hall, towards him and his fiancé's room. "Lucy" he opened the door and there he saw both Lucy and Erza, putting up new curtains.

"Yeah?" Lucy turned to him, raising a brow. "Um.." "Oh Nashi's asleep, take her to her crib okay, I'm kind of busy" she returned to the curtains, smiling in satisfaction of the bright colour. "Okay.." Natsu walked out the room and entered Nashi's. He walked in and towards her pink crib, carefully putting her in to sleep on her stomach. He gave her back 3 small pats before he backed away from the baby.

"Okay, got to go help Jellal with the Christmas tree.." Natsu whispered, running out of the room and down the stairs but while he were running, he accidently tripped over his feet and rolled down the rest of the stairs. "Ouch!"

"What was that?" Grandine asked from in the kitchen "Sound like a rock" Wendy walked out from in the kitchen and tched when she saw her brother on the floor "Oh it's just Natsu, no big deal.." she walked back in the kitchen. "Natsu stop playing and help me" Jellal said, backing away from the Christmas tree with a smile on his lips.

"You got to put up the star Natsu, I'll get the ladder.." Jellal then walked out the front door. "Thanks for the help...idiots.." Natsu slowly got up and groaned, cracking his back. "What a family I have..suppose I died now?" he asked no one in particular then walked in the living room.

He dug in a box and took out a big yellow star "Hmm.." Natsu observed it then looked at the Christmas tree "That's a big ass tree.." he exclaimed then looked at the star again. "Natsu" he turned to Jellal who was walking in with a ladder. "your turn to participate" he said. "I know I know just drop the ladder there" Natsu grumbled.

"Okay upstairs is all tidy and looks absolutely beautiful.." Lucy announced, walking down the stairs with Erza behind. "I agree, and I can say this home looks better than mine.." the red hair woman smiled.

Lucy walked in the living room and looked at the Christmas tree. "It looks beautiful-Natsu no try to get it in the middle, on top-" "I know" Natsu shot her a little glare, stretching his arm to put the star on top the tree. "No...stretch more.." "This is all I can go- you think I'm elastic or something?!"

"Okay Natsu calm down, I'll do it" Gray said, looking up at the male who grumbled. "Natsu no-" "Shut up, I know what I'm doing" "Natsu if you stretch more you would fall" Erza warned, crossing her arms. "Excuse you, do you know me, my name is Natsu Dragneel and anything is possible"

"He's being stubborn again..." Juvia mumbled to her boyfriend. "That's Natsu" "Aha!" Natsu got the star on top. "Haha and you guys said I couldn't do it.." he then gasped when the ladder leaned. "Oh no.." he fell down with the ladder behind the tree. "Natsu!" Gray laughed uncontrollably, holding his stomach. "Haha!!"