Chapter 18: Irene... is...

Start from the beginning

"Mmm... I believe you." I took a step forwards, but John held out his arm and stopped me.

"You were dead. On a slab! It was definitely you!" John yelled, voice getting louder with every word.

"I needed to disappear." She said.

"Then how come I can see you, and I don't even want to." I spat, disgust in my voice.

"Look, I made a mistake. I sent something to Sherlock for safe-keeping and now I need it back, so I need your help."

"No." "No." John and I both replied in unison, each with equal amounts of fury.

"It's for his own safety."

"So is this; tell him you're alive." John said once again, anger still in his voice.

"I can't." John starts to breathe heavily, and I can tell he's trying to hold back his anger.

"Fine. I'll tell him, and I still won't help you." He turns, and starts to walk away.

"What do I say?" She pleads.

John turns back around furiously and starts to walk towards her, but I stop him with my arm and calm him. "What do you normally say? You've texted him a lot!" He says furiously, struggling to move against my grip.

"Just the usual stuff." She said, and I sarcastically laugh.

"There is no usual in this case." She looked down at her phone and began reading the texts. Most of them ended in "let's have dinner". Rage flared in my chest, my fists once again balling.

"You..." I said with fury, "flirted; with Sherlock Holmes?!"

"At him. He never replies."

"No, Sherlock always replies – to everything. He's Mr Punchline. He will outlive God trying to have the last word." I say as John relaxes and I loosened my grip. He nodded at me, put took my hand and squeezed it.

"Does that make me special?" She asks, still looking down at her phone.

"Dunno. Maybe." I said dumbly, still shaking a bit with anger.

"Are you jealous?" She asked, looking up at me. My eyes widened at the realization. I was jealous. I hated Irene from the moment I'd met her because she seduced Sherlock.

"W-We're not... a couple." I said hesitantly, and John looked over at me weirdly, staring at me in disbelief.

"Yes you are." My eyes widened more, and my hands began to tremble. A opened my mouth to say something, but she held out her phone and showed us the screen. "There. I'm not dead. Let's have dinner."

I roll my eyes and John laughs ruefully, and the orgasmic sigh fills the air again, echoing throughout the room. I opened my mouth and looked up, seeing nothing. Sherlock you sneaky son of a bitch. I smirked and Irene looked worried.

"I don't think so, do you?" She asks John pointedly.

"He's much more clever than he seems." I smirked at her, and she looked at me with the same worry on her face during the time that Sherlock took her phone.

"Oh I know he's clever." John turned and walked out of the room, but I stayed and savored her worried face. I turned to leave. "He's going to be the death of you." I stopped in my tracks as her words echoed around my mind.

"Excuse me?" I said, turning on my heel. This time, there was no John to hold me back, but I restrained myself.

"It's obvious you have feelings for him." She smirked. I folded my arms.

"You're crazy." I spat at her.

"Darling I know." She said, a mischievous  smile on her face, her dark blue eyes piercing into my soul. "I can tell when a woman has feelings for someone. You're crazy for him."

I blushed, hoping Sherlock wasn't still in the room, listening. "Shut up." I retorted, turning on my heel once more, and started walking out of the room.

"I'm just saying, you should get him before the next one. I mean, look at those lips..." you started to picture Sherlock's lips in your mind, you couldn't shake it. "...those cheekbones..."

"Stop." I whispered, unable to move because of my blurred vision.

"...and that hair!" She sarcastically moaned, "if I wasn't gay, why I'd hit that every morning."

"SHUT! UP!" I screamed. "You have NO right to speak about Sherlock like that!" I started panting, and she laughed pitifully.

"He's going to be the death of you." She turned and walked out of the room.

"Go to hell!" I screamed at her as John ran back into the room.

"(Y/N)! I thought I'd lost you. What happened?" He said, looking at my red face with concern.

"Nothing. Let's just get back to 221B." I sighed as John put his arm around me and walked me out of the room.

Oh Sherlock Holmes, I thought, You really will be the death of me.