Little Secret

The chapter's song is "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perrie. Oh my goodness the feels...

❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧

(✌Perrie's POV✌)

"HOW COULD YOU!?! I thought you loved me..." I ran away from Zayn, tears streaming down my face, but I'm too hurt to care or wipe them away.

"Of course I do Per---" I cut Zayn off, what he was about to say was utter shit.

"NO! Shut up Zayn! You have no right to say that to me after what you've done!" I snapped. I turned around and slapped him hard on the cheek, earning a deafening smack.

Everything was quiet and silent for a moment. The only thing you could hear was my ragged breathing and my heart being ripped into tiny pieces and being incinerated.

"Perrie just please, let me explain..." Zayn breathed out. I  couldn't. I just couldn't. Not now.

Letting out a sob, I ran out the mansion. I heard voices calling for me to come back. I ignored them and kept running. Running away from all the lies. Running away from that horrible silence. Running away from my broken heart. Running away from Zayn.

I don't know how long I've been running and what time it was, but it was now dark out, and I found myself underneath a tree house. Our tree house. I had nowhere else to go, so I had no choice but to rest here for the night. I left everything I had back at the estate and I refuse to go back. Slowly, I climbed up the latter and went inside. It was just like how we left it the last time we were here. Curled up in each other's arms like the only thing that mattered was us.

I broke down at this point. Sobbing, crying, wailing, you name it. Somewhere in the midst of all that mess, I fell asleep. Into a cold, dark, and lonely sleep.

The last thing I thought while still concious was: How could he?

(✘Zayn's POV✘)

I screwed up. Big time. I took Perrie aside from the others and lead her to the backyard. She has been questioning where I've kept disappearing to, no one else notices because everyone else has been worried about Andy, but me, and Perrie thinks I know something and is hurt I'm not telling her.

❦♪♕ Flash back ♕♪❦

"Zayn what's up with you lately. You've been acting like Andy, but no one notices but me. Zayn if you have something going on with somebody...please save me the heartbreak and tell me." You could see the hurt in Perrie's eyes, but she kept her poker face on.

"No Perrie, it's nothing like that...I've been disappearing lately because I've been visiting Sophia..." I started.

"Sophia? Why would you keep it a secret if you were visiting her if it wasn't anything? Unless...it is...?" I wanted to tell her...but I can't.

"I'm sorry Perrie...but I can't tell you." The look on her face make my heartbreak in two. I would've caved right in and told her, but I had to stay strong. For Sophia. Because I promised.

"Y-you can't tell me? Zayn...if you can't tell me, then you're forcing me to think something happened between you two....which would be why she resigned...Oh my gosh.." Perrie slapped a hand onto her mouth shaking her head. I kept my mouth shut and she started to back away from me.

"No Perrie, it wasn't like that!" I tried. She ran away from me and into the ballroom.

"HOW COULD YOU!?! I thought you loved me..." Her voice cracking towards the end with tears streaming down her face.

❦♪♕ End of Flash back ♕♪❦

Louis, Niall, Olly and Andy came back from searching for her, snapping me out of my thoughts. Everyone else was still in the ballroom making sense of what happened earlier. Perrie had been missing for 3 hours now. In the dark. In the cold. All alone. Vulnerable. Weak. Most of all, hurt.

"Oh my gosh. Please tell me you found her!" I ran up to them. They shook their heads. Niall looked back up at me. A cold gaze set on me.

"This is your fault. What did you say to her?" His tone just as cold as his icy eyes.

"I told her where I've been disappearing to and she left before I could explain everything." I sighed. "Now she thinks I've been cheating on her."

"Where have you been anyway? No one noticed but Perrie until she talked to me about her worries." Niall's gaze softened a little, but not his voice, still sending chills down my back.

"I've..." I looked back at Andy. It was hardly noticeable, but there was a slight movement made with his head saying 'no'.

"I've been out." I knew it was a pathetic excuse and now I think I might just loose Nialler as well.

"Out? Out? What do you mean by out? Out cheatin' on Perrie? Out with another girl? Or maybe...out with Andy? Are you finally realizing you swung for the other team and you used Perrie as a cover-up? Is that why you and Andy have been disappearing lately? Becau---" My head was pounding.

"NO! I'VE BEEN OUT VISITING SOPHIA!" I couldn't take anymore of these questions and snapped, but I still didn't leak out the secret.

"Why would you be out with Sophia? Unless...you and Sophia had something going on...which...would explain why she resigned..." Olly & Louis looked at each other in realization. Andy looked away, he knew the truth, but he too was sworn to secrecy. Niall...well he was pissed. I tried to say something but the next thing I know, Niall was charging at me. Punches and kicks were being thrown at me from every angle. I heard shouts of 'Niall stop!' 'Go get Liam!' from the others and some profanities from Niall. After what seemed like forever, they finally got to haul Niall off me.

"It...isn't what it...seems like...," I spoke between rugged breaths,"Sophia...she's---" and that was all I got out before I blacked out.

❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧

Oh no, Zayn! Aww poor Perrie! What's going to happen to Zerrie!? What's the big secret? Ohhhhh another cliffhanger!!! *whispers* Cuz I'm a beach like that ;p

Anywho, you know the drill or whatever.

Asta la bye-bye!

~Evelyn❥