nine

Baekhyun groans loudly. He is currently on the phone with Luhan after the night where he broke down beside Chanyeol.

"Lulu! You don't know how embarrassing it was." The brunette covers his eyes in shame.

"What happened to you anyways? That made you clutch onto him for dear life?"

The brunette stays silent for a bit, closing his eyes as he remembers the past event.

"Yah, am I still talking to someone?" Luhan growls.

"I dreamt of my mom.." Baekhyun whispers to the phone.

"I dreamt of her in the hospital. Like she was about to leave or something. I hope that won't happen but I think my mom is hiding something from me." Baekhyun tells Luhan.

A sigh can be heard from the other line, "I believe so too. But I suggest you stay silent first, if you do things all of a sudden you won't really get a lot of clues." 

Baekhyun starts to smile, "Are you a detective or something? Because your suggestion is good!"

Luhan blushes, "Of course, I'm the best. Now, end the call. My Baozi is here." And with the doe eyed male ends the call.

Baekhyun laughs softly, "I can't believe I have someone like him." He mutters.

"Are you okay?" He hears a deep voice ring through his ears.

Baekhyun turns around and sees the giant in his pajamas causing him to snicker.

"Yah, I'm asking you if you're okay." He growls.

Baekhyun innocently looks at the taller, nodding. "I'm okay, why ask?"

Chanyeol laughs sarcastically, "You're going to ask me that after you cried on me? The way you cried is like you just lost a dog that you saw a week ago." He crosses his arms against his chest, glaring at the brunette.

Baekhyun stays silent for a bit, "I-it was just something that came up last night. I'm alright now." He says though he doesn't make eye contact with the giant.

The giant sees this and starts to read Baekhyun.

"You're lying."

Baekhyun then looks up at Chanyeol.

"You don't make eye contact with someone when you're lying. You always lower your head when you're lying. And you think I wouldn't notice you fiddling with your fingers?" Chanyeol says.

Baekhyun then looks down at his fingers, stopping.

"I-I'm sorry.." He whispers, "I'm just not comfortable here.."

"Then leave."

Baekhyun looks up once more, "Wh-what?"

"Leave. If you're not comfortable here then leave. We're just here because of a stupid arranged marriage right?"

Baekhyun is honestly shocked. "Don't you care?" 

"Why would I?" Chanyeol says halfheartedly but deep inside there's something twisting his gut.

Baekhyun's lips form a thin line, "I-if that's so.."

He starts to walk back to their room but he stops when he is right beside Chanyeol.

"G-goodbye."

*

Baekhyun walks towards the park, not knowing where to go.