Part 34

Epilogue

Most people will never understand how good they have things in life. Or how wonderful the world can be. But I feel like I got the closest to the truth of what that really was here in Dauntless. Sure it had its dark spots and shady corners. Maybe even a few people who weren't what they seemed. But at the end of the day when I looked around, I saw the people and things that were meaningful to me.

We'd finished training finally. And to my amazement, I placed second overall with only Tom, a Dauntless born, finishing ahead of me. I wasn't surprised for him to place first. He was a relentless machine, the poster child of dauntless, and was now being groomed for a position in leadership

I gained the occupation of being assistant Field Manager which meant that I would conduct and orchestrate how and when patrols and evacs would be sent around the factions to maintain order and safety. Eventually I would become head Field Operator once my predecessor retired but that wouldn't be for a while. I didn't mind though, I was being paid well and the job came naturally.

I moved in with Eric soon after graduating. There was nothing I loved more than the hours we spent together on either the sofa or the bed enjoying each other's comfort. I never thought I would be so lucky to meet someone who cared for me like him. But I had and our relationship grew a little bit more every day.

Rency and Ryan also continued their relationship and both got jobs working at the fence together. It was really cute to be honest. They were perfect for each other.

Matius on the other hand, well* he ended up breaking things off with Verlayne and since then he hasn't been in too many genuine relationships. He was now trying to become one of the transfer trainers so he could take the place of either Eric or Four. Lord knows that Eric wasn't a big fan of training the initiates. He complained about it all the time

Deitrich and Freya were working together as a part of the faction patrol team. (I may or may not have ensured that they were almost alway on the same patrol)

Emer and Morsov both got their own apartments. Emer is working as a part time nurse up in the hospital in Dauntless and Morsov is working with Four in the tech rooms. I even caught him flirting with this Dauntless born girl named Saratoga. Cutest thing ever.

Frankfurt settled into being assistant manager of the Pit Shops. I knew little of his requirements and still regarded him cooly.

I left my family and original faction behind and have never once regretted it. I found a new life in Dauntless. The family I met a couple months ago and a boyfriend I plan on keeping.

It's where I was meant to be.

The End

(If you couldn't tell, this is a really abrupt ending lol 🫠😆 . But I honestly wrote everything I had in mind and didn't want to continue a story just for the sake of continuing a story. Thank you all for getting this far!)