Part 5

I left the training hall with Rency and Ryan who were amicably talking about their least favorite activity of the day. I didn't say it but that mile run definitely was the worst for me. Even though I didn't do that bad, I still didn't enjoy it.

We each made a quick pit stop at the sleeping quarters to change into fresh work out clothes before leaving for lunch.

Honestly, I wasn't that hungry and only ate a banana, chocolate milk, and half a muffin. On the other hand Ryan and Matius were eating like..... animals.

I wasn't even sure how many different types of muffins and brownies they ate. I might have eaten more if eating a bunch before working out was smart.

I was currently sipping at the small amount of chocolate milk that was left in my cup while the others talked around me. They went on an on about what they saw and learned during training today and what they anticipated for our second session. There was little mention of our former factions today and instead everyone focused on how they could be the best Dauntless and also not get cut.

I listened in on their conversations but rarely chimed in. I wasn't a huge talker. Much unlike my former Candor faction.

"Say Ferris, I saw you getting up close with Eric huh? Gave em' a good jab," Ryan asked with a goofy smile showing off his white teeth as he brushed his blonde hair out of his face.

"He kind of singled out. Didn't really have a choice," I said indifferently but a pink tinge appeared on my cheek.

"Uh huh, sure," Matius added, smirking at me.

"Ohh, Ferris has hawts for the teacher," Ryan teased and the pink tinge deepend to their pleasure.

"I mean you didn't fight back when he pinned you to the floor," Matius pointed out with a grin. "I would've been scrambling for my life!"

I set down my milk gently before looking at them both with a certain gleam in my eyes.

"Are you two trying to insinuate something here?" I asked casually.

The pair glanced at each other mischievousnesly.

"Perhaps," Ryan admitted.

"It's very possible," Matius added.

"I mean, c'mon, Eric must of picked you for a reason," Ryan said, wiggling his brows. "And you didn't tell him no."

I rolled my eyes. Even though their teasing was harmless, I didn't want to be subjected to it further. And it wasn't like I could have said no to Eric anyway.

"Don't make me put hair remover in your shampoo," I said plainly and both boys quickly covered their scalps protectively.

"Don't you dare," Matius said, half joking, half serious.

I shrugged. "No promises," I replied coyly.

Both boys promptly seized any conversation involving Eric. I didn't like the embarrassment I felt for my interaction with Eric but at the same time, I still couldn't get him off my mind.

The group continued talking aimlessly until we finished our food.

Eventually we went back to the training room where Eric and Four were waiting. Without hesitating, Eric took a step forward, gaining the attention of every transfer in an instant.

"Today will be your first fights" Eric explained and my eyebrows creased.

Fight?

"However, today will be the only day where we will pair you up with people who are fair fights. You will have to learn how to take down anyone, bigger or smaller," Four explained and then gestured to an electronic black board behind us. That was the board that would not only share our ranks but also who we would be fighting.

Frankfurt vrs. Deitrich

Matius vrs. Morsov

Raymond Vrs. Ryan

Adam vrs. Samuel

Lily vrs. Ferris

Rency vrs Emer

Freya vrs. Lucille

I read my name and immediately made eye contact with Lily who was standing next to Frankfurt as always. She looked at me with clear disdain and I returned the favor.

Dumb bitch.

I sized her up quickly. She was a few inches shorter than me but more stockier in width. Her arms were long but also not highly coordinated. We probably matched in strength but perhaps I had the edge in speed.

It seemed they were having us each fight our own gender and weight class first.

"Alright, Frankfurt and Deitrich (Dee-Trick), you guys are up first" Eric ordered and Frankfurt and Deitrich walked onto the mat glaring menacingly at each other.

I didn't really know anything about Deitrich other than that he was just a quiet guy from Abnegation. He stood around 6'2 with closely cropped brown hair, deep mahogany skin, and a very stern look. I didn't know who would win but I quietly hoped it would be Deitrich. He seemed nice.

And Frankfurt was an irritant.

The fight started quickly with Frankfurt going for a dirty jab to Deitrich's neck but Deitrich easily deflected it and punched Frankfurt straight across the face with his big fist. Unfortunately, that didn't faze Frankfurt at all and he tackled Deitrich around the waist forcing him into the floor.

The fight lasted for only a few minutes before Frankfurt unfortunately came out victorius. The only reason he had won was because he made a punch to Deitrich's throat at the very last moment, allowing him to wrap up Deitrich in a deadly headlock that nearly caused him to pass out.

It became apparent that you had to be knocked out to tap out. Rency looked a little scared at the idea she was going up against Emer. I didn't blame her, Emer must have had 20 pounds on Rency. But from what I could tell, Rency was smart and nimble, and Emer was brash and kind of dumb.

The next fight was Matius vrs. Morsov and was considerably shorter and less dramatic as Matius scraped by with the win. Rency and I cheered him on profusely. They had both fought well but Matius was just a bit faster with more of a killer instinct.

The next fight was Raymond against Ryan. Raymond was a Hispanic boy with messy black hair and dark eyes. It took the longest out of all the fights since they were both so evenly matched. But Ryan eventually won and Rency cheered the loudest. She even gave him a great big hug as he came over to the sidelines nursing a soon to be black eye.

I deduced there was some crushing going on between those two.

The next fight was with Adam and Samuel. I think Adam was from Amity and Samuel from Erudite. Adam was a thick boy with meaty arms and a military crew cut. Samuel on the other hand had semi long auburn hair that he kept up in a messy man bun. Although it was quickly apparent that Adam was the better fighter and he won easily.

The fights had gone be so quickly that I barley realized mine was next.