Chapter 42- Revenge

Start from the beginning

Stefan's chest clenched at the idea they wouldn't be able to track her.

He glances at her father who was solemnly waiting and watching from a distance a hard, dark expression overtaking his features. He didn't look worried, he appeared furious with an unleashed anger matching the same emotions coursing through Stefan. Her Uncle Brett sat silently, his knuckles white from holding his fists tightly, appearing a little apprehensive but was in control.  Liam stood with legs spread apart and arms crossed over his chest, a stoic unreadable expression molded on his face watching Sam work with narrowed eyes. 

Once he was dispatched by Liam, Stefan raced to the address he provided.  They arrived at the same time with at least ten operatives scanning the entire block.  By the time they reached the location they find Sammy unconscious, all alone and still bound.  After securing Sammy had a pulse and was still breathing, Stefan confronted Liam. 

The first thing he asked Liam was how he she left without being detected.

"Stefan, she asked for my car keys trying to find a necklace she claimed may have been in my car.  I almost thought against it but I saw no harm done.   She appeared hopeful and acted convincing.  I did not know she was trying to get away.  She fooled me."

"How is it you never checked on her?"  He asks with clenched teeth. 

"I suspected and assumed she went back to her room.  About ten minutes passed, she never came back to give me the car keys, I went to her room and found the letter.  I called you immediately afterwards and alerted the teams to search the house."

Stefan recalls giving him one of his most intimidating stares.  However, he could not blame him.  Camelia was clever.  Her act of heroism for her best friend's safety prevented her from revealing her intentions.  She managed to evade suspicion and followed whatever instruction Diam gave her. 

Now, Sammy laid down on one his couches, nursing a black eye with a ice pack while his other arm covered his battered rib cage. Stefan administered stitches to a cut to his forehead and gave him strong pain killers as he waited for Sam. 

"Okay, I got a signal but it's weak and it's visibly moving at a rate faster than a car."  Sam pauses and nods confirming his thoughts.  He looks toward Stefan who moved to his side.  "The detectors show the phone has been shut off.  Although, the chip you placed is working fairly well the connection will be severed the farther they go and completely disappear off the radar."

"What the hell are you saying Sam?"  Stefan nearly barked.  "Where is she?"

"What I'm saying is the more distance your phone and her's are separated the less of a chance we will be able to follow their location.  We can definitely rule out they're not in a car.  The speed, the elevation, could only be a from a speeding plane."

"What the hell are you saying Sam!"  Stefan demanded, his body heaving with anger.

"Hold on a second."  Sam swivels in his chair again to face one of the monitors, punching in a few keys bringing up a satellite map.  "I hacked the ACC which is responsible for controlling aircrafts en route and matched the coordinates I received from your detector and found a unmistakable match. What you're seeing here is a live tracking map."

"Where are they going?"  Stefan asks, placing his arms against the table and leaning forward to peer at the monitor showing a plane moving with altitude measurements.  He heard some shuffling from the small company behind him as they too came closer.