Part 7

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Ricks POV

"he's not doing very well, we need Shane and Otis to come back with the medical supplies." I say staring into her chocolate brown eyes.

"I'm sorry to hear that... do you want to go for a small walk to clear your head?" Ava asks me. I nod and stand.

She grabs my hand and pulls me down the stairs. she releases my hand and we walk side by side into the field.

We are just out of sight of the group since its dark."Ava, why is Lori so pissed at you?" I ask turning so now were face to face.

"It's not my place to be tellin' you something like that... but if you really wanna know , you can't let Lori know I told you." she says holding her pinky out . She wants me to pinky promise? that's so cute!

"I promise I won't tell her you told me." I smirk saying it and take her pinky with mine and pinky promise. "she's pregnant with Shane's baby." Ava mumbles.

"S-She what?" I stutter,my body shaking in shock.

"I'm so sorry Rick." Ava whispers. "It's fine Ava I'm glad you told me." I exhale loudly. "She'll kill me if she saw us right now, so would shane." Ava says.

"Why would shane be mad? He's already knocked up my wife and he's trying to take you from me." I say fast hoping she would hear the last part.

"He looks at me like I'm a piece of meat I feel so violated."She sighs. "and what do you mean trying to take me from you?" she asks.

I rub the back of my neck with my hand and sigh. "I have feelings towards you Ava.. Feelings I shouldn't have since I have a wife. And now it's clear to me that I don't want to be married to Lori.. She's a cheating bitch... " I say staring into her beautiful eyes. I lean in and whisper. "Ava I really do want you." She laughs. " you sound like a prepubescent monkey trying to ask a girl to prom."

And with that Ava leans in and her soft lips meet with mine. They fit together like puzzle pieces.

She pulls back and takes a breath.

"What about Lori?" she asks. "I'm telling her we're done. the worlds gone to shit and we cant afford to waste any happiness.I'll take Carl and you and we'll be happy together." I say wrapping an arm around her waist as we stand there looking into each others eyes.

"Carl thinks well of you. when that heard of walkers came and Lori ran under a car and you grabbed him and protected him.. " I say grabbing her hands and kissing her knuckles.

"At the cdc I thought that was just a moment of desire and that's all.." she sighs. I lean in our lips meeting.Our kiss becomes more passionate and I pull back. "We need to stop now before I can't stop." I say winking down at her.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Ava's POV

This has been an eventful evening. we reach the porch and he goes inside. I turn and walk over to dale's RV. I climb uptop and sit down next to his lawn chair. "you okay Dale?" I ask causing him to look down at me. Minx walks over and lays by me.

"I'm just concerned for ricks boy." he says patting my head. "wanna talk about it?" I say looking up at him. "sure."
----

I get up carefully so that I don't wake Carl. He groans and rolls over so he's facing me. "where are you going ava." he says with his voice thick with sleep. "I'm just getting breakfast. go back to sleep." I say giving him a kiss on the forehead.

I walk over to where ricks telling the group where they can go search for Sophia.

I kiss him on the cheek and he returns it by kissing my lips. I smile and go to where carol is serving some food. " could I get a plate for Carl and I?" I ask. she nods and hands me two plates of squirrel meat. Not my first pick but that's all we have.

I zip open The tent and shake Carl lightly. ".five more minutes." he groans. "I've got break fast." he jumps up and grabs a plate. "lets eat out side of the tent." I say grabbing the plate back and climbing out.

I hear Carl shuffling around in the tent meaning he's getting dressed into real clothes and not pajamas. "here." I say after he climbs out and zips the tent up. I hand him his plate and he sits down next to Glenn.

I jog over to where Rick is standing alone looking at the map. "I'm heading out on a run." I say. he turns around and connects our lips. I smile into the kiss her returns the smile.

"We'll be back later." I yell so everyone knows. "any special orders!" I call out to everyone. Nobody says anything.

Carl and I walk up to Hershel's house. I climb up the porch steps and knock on the door. "yes?" Hershel asks from behind the screen door.

"I'm going on a run, do ya need anything?" I ask.I push my foot around in the small pile of dirt sitting on the porch.

"We would appreciate if you could bring us a few things, let me make a quick list." he says shuffling off into the living room.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-