Chapter 88

My alarm goes off the next morning, at 5.50 AM. I quickly turn it off, but Max heard it. He groans and rolls over. I kiss his cheek and get out of bed. I quickly put on some comfy clothes, I'll change when we get back. I brush through my hair and put it up in a messy bun. I quickly brush my teeth and grab my phone.

I walk to Max's side of the bed and lean down, giving him a kiss. When I want to pull away, he pulls me back, pressing his lips against mine. I put my hand on his cheek.

"Have fun with Dan" Max mumbles as I pull away from him.

"I will, I love you" I tell him.

"I love you too, baby" he replies, closing his eyes again. I giggle and leave the room. I quietly make my way downstairs. I walk into the living room after grabbing my shoes. Daniel is sitting there already, smiling at me.

"Are you ready to go?" he asks. I nod after having put my shoes on. Daniel jumps up from the couch and grabs his car keys. I follow him out to the car, getting in and buckling up. Daniel puts on some music and smiles when he sees my camera.

"Can I vlog?" I ask him. He nods.

"Sure, I can't remember ever being in your vlogs" he says and drives away from his house. I just turn on the camera and press record.

"Hello everyone! It is currently 6.15 AM here in Australia. I'm here with my BFF, Dany" I say and point the camera to Daniel. He grins and waves to the camera, while keeping his eyes on the road.

"We are on our way to the airport to get Dan' girlfriend, Evy. And then when we get back, we'll get ready, open presents and have a Christmas dinner! Because it's Christmas!" I say excitedly in the camera. Daniel chuckles.

"I'm honestly so excited, having my family, best friends and girlfriend with me" Daniel says.

"Awh, am I your best friend?" I ask him, holding the camera in an angle that shows the both of us. Daniel laughs.

"Off course you are, Jassy. Don't tell Max, but I like you more than him" I laugh now as well. For it being this early, we're both very awake.

"Wait, does this mean the end of Maniel?" I ask, while Daniel gasps.

"I guess it is, sorry Maxie" Daniel says, while driving onto the freeway. I giggle at our sillyness.

"Does Evy know you're this weird?" I ask him while he laughs.

"No, and you're not going to tell her"

"I am not, because then I also have to tell her that I'm this weird" I say and laugh, making Daniel laugh as well. I turn the camera off and just talk with Daniel about small things.

"You know, I have never told you this actually. But at the Spanish Grand Prix, I saw Max on Saturday night and he looked deep in thoughts, but was smiling the entire time. When I asked him what was going on with him, he actually told me that he had met someone. He was actually proud of himself that he got your number that night as well. I remember him telling me how he was wanting to see you again. I remember thinking that you must have been a race chick or something, giving Max's old girlfriends. Then I met you in Austria and you were so normal. I didn't really think of you like that" Daniel says. I smile.

"What was your first impression of me?" I ask Daniel. He chuckles.

"I remember being jealous of Max that he had gotten himself such a sweet and calm girl. I had imagined you as to be a fan of his, so when you were so calm meeting the other drivers at that party in Monaco, I knew I had to make sure you stayed with him. I remember having had talks with him about how he should do everything he can to keep you"

"He's doing a bloody good job so far" I answer him, smiling at Daniel's words.

"It just amazes me how you can get everyone to like you. My parents like you a lot as well" Daniel says. I smile some more.

"After the christmas party, Evy told me how she was so happy to have met you, as she was afraid most driver girlfriends would be models and stuck up" Daniel says, frowning. I think that is an image most people have, but in reality, most of them are incredibly nice.

"I'm glad she felt at ease. But I have not met a drivers girlfriend that I didn't like, although we have still a few new ones to meet" I say and smile. Daniel nods.

"Yes, Carlos' girlfriend and Lewis' girlfriend" Daniel says, while taking the final exit to the airport. He drives into the parking lot.

"I'm just happy she is happy around others" Daniel says, turning off the car. I nod and get out with him. Instead of waiting at the car, like he did yesterday with us, we're going to the arrival hall, as Evy is all alone.

"I hope she has a great time with New Years as well, as she still hasn't met any other driver than Max" I say and Daniel agrees. We just walk to the arrival hall in silence. Because it is early, the aiport is not very busy. Not many people recognize Daniel and if they do, they don't react on it, which is nice.

We wait at the door and soon, we see Evy pulling a suitcase behind her. She instantly starts smiling when she sees Daniel, who smiles brightly as well. Evy walks faster and jumps into Daniel's arms. I smile at the two of them being cute. They give each other a quick kiss, before Evy turns to me.

"Jasmin!" she says, all excited. I hug her, giggling at her excitement. After pulling away, Daniel takes Evy's suitcase in his right hand and Evy's hand in his left one and we start walking towards Daniel's car.

"How was your flight, babe?" Daniel asks her.

"It was alright, very long, though" Evy says, sighing.

"I know right. I was so happy I could walk futher than 5 meters when we got out of the plane yesterday" I say and Evy laughs, knowing exactly what I mean.

"But you're here now, so all is good" Daniel says, kissing her cheek. We get to the car and Daniel puts Evy's suitcase in the trunk. I sit in the back, so Evy can sit next to Daniel. I just grab my phone and scroll through my Social Media when we make our way back to Daniel's house.

---------------------------------------------

Hope you liked this chapter!

xxxx