Chapter 45

The party and the break were over way to soon. Today is thursday before Spa. I've packed my stuff once again and I'm waiting until everyone is ready. Someone from Red Bull is coming to pick us up and drive us to the circuit, as Belgium isn't far.

When everyone is ready and when the driver is at my house, we put all our stuff in the car and get in. It's a van, so we all fit. My brother and Jane sit in the back, my parents behind the driver and I'm next to the driver, as I know the guy. He is very nice.

I spend the drive talking to the driver and my parents. It's an understatement when I say that they are very excited. My dad hasn't stopped discussing things about the race with my brother. And they don't even know half of it. I get to show them around the Red Bull, Mercedes and Ferrari garage. Ferrari wasn't the plan, but when Sebastian heard about my family coming, he sorted things with his boss and we're allowed to go there as well. They'll be able to see the car from up close and see everything they usually see on TV.

For this race, they moved my work position from the garage, and my parents will be able to see the race and everything from there, so they'll be able to follow everything. I haven't told them about the plans yet. I also didn't tell them that they'd be meeting Christian Horner.

--

After a few hours, we finally arrive at the track and I'm glad. My legs were starting to hurt and my ribs did too. They still hurt, but not as much as before. We all get out of the car and I thank the driver, who's name is Edward. I lead them towards the gates. We show our passes and are let through. I walk straight towards the part of the garages and there again, we have to show our passes. First stop, Red Bull garage.

"So, we'll be going into the Red Bull garage now. If I'm correct, the boys will both be there, as will their team. After that, we move to Mercedes and then to Ferrari" I say and everyone's smile grow. I walk infront of everyone and enter the garage, walking into Max's side. I spot Max talking to Marcel and Roy, probably about strategy, while some people are working on his car. He looks up and smiles when he sees all of us. He walks towards and kisses me quickly, before greeting my family. He hands me, Stefan and Jane a Red Bull and my parents a glass filled with coke, as they don't drink Red Bull.

"This are my engineers, Marcel and Roy" Max introduces them and both men say politely hi to everyone. Max then shows them the car. My dad and brother are extremely excited and ask Max questions about different parts of the car. Mum and Jane look a bit less excited.

"You don't have to come with us, you can stay here and chill with Max" I tell them. They nod.

"Yeah, I don't have to see a lot of different cars" mum replies, Jane agreeing. I nod and tell Max. He smiles and nods. I then take my dad and brother to Daniel's side. Daniel grins and greets my dad and brother, while also showing his car. They ask Daniel questions as well and I can see Daniel enjoying this.

--

It's now saturday and everyone is ready for qualifying. Max has had great practices, so we're ready for this. My parents, brother and Jane are all in the back of Max's garage, next to my screen, as Marcel is next to me as well. My screen is placed next to his. It'll be easier to communicate with him.

The first Q starts and the cars are off. Hamilton just sets a time, but that's it. He has a grid penalty and will be starting from the back, so he doesn't has to try very hard. Both Daniel and Max get through Q1 and later through Q2, as expected. Q3 starts now and I'm getting nervous. With Hamilton out of the way, Max might be able to get a few position, better than usual. Fighting for the best position are Max, Nico Rosberg, Daniel, Sebastian, Kimi, Felipe Massa, Nico Hulkenberg, Sergio, Valtteri and Jenson. The last run is starting and I'm nervous. I'm bouncing my leg as Marcel glares at me.

"You're making me nervous, Jas. Chill out" Marcel says. I try to stop bouncing. When I see Max crossing the line and making it to P2, I jump up from my chair, excited. Before cheering to soon, I wait until the other cross the line and then open the radio to Max.

"Great job Max, P2! Best qualifying ever from you! Very well done, amazing. I'm proud of you" I say through the radio, while Marcel hugs me. It really is Max's best qualifying to date.

"YES, thank you Jasmin! YES, I'm happy!" Max says through the radio and I see him waving at the fans. Behind Max is Kimi, then Sebastian and then Daniel. Behind Daniel are Sergio, Nico Hulkenberg, Valtteri, Jenson an Felipe Massa. Nico Rosberg is on pole position. I hug my parents and they seem as excited as I am. It's amazing that Max is able to get a P2 in front of so many Dutch fans. You can see a freaking sea of orange and they were so excited for Max. As Max drives past the fans, people cheer.

"Hey, great job from Max" I hear behind me. I turn around and see Lewis, who's already done with his interviews. He's back in normal clothes. I smile at him.

"Yes, it's amazing" I answer and Lewis grins. He goes and talks to my parents a bit. My brother luckily got over his starstruck behavior and is now able to have normal conversations with Lewis. I try to listen while I wait for my boyfriend to come back. He deserves a kiss and more, but I'll keep that until we're back at the hotel.