Chapter 8

edited : 26-12-2016•

His lips are soft. The kiss is sweet, nothing to much. But my stomach fills with butterflies, going crazy in there. He moves his other hand to my other cheek and I just place my hands on his arms. We pull away and I can't help but smile. He does the same. He moves his hands away from my face and grabs my hand.

"I really like you" he bluntly says. I look at him, not knowing what to say. Before I can say anything, he continues.

"You don't have to say anything, I just wanted to let you know. I don't want to make you feel like everything is moving too fast. My whole life moves fast, so I'm used to it. I just really like you. When you texted me on race day, wishing me good luck, it made me feel so happy. And then last wednesday and today. I can't help but feel happy around you and I just wanted to tell you that. Just so you know that I am serious about this and not just fooling around" he says. I smile at him. I move around so my back is to him and let myself fall. I place my head in his lap and look up to him.

"I'm not fooling around, either" I say. Max smiles and places one hand on my arm. We just keep talking about everything.

Max parks his car in my street. It's 10.10 P.M. I didn't want to go home yet, but he wanted me to be home on time, saying he promised my parents. I giggled at that, thinking he was being cute again. He was being cute all day actually.

"I hope I can see you again soon" Max says. I nod, smiling, but knowing it's not that easy. I have school, he has a race next weekend again.

"Well, I have classes till 11 again on wednesday" I say. Max looks down while slowly nodding.

"I am leaving on wednesday to Monaco"

"What time?" I ask him.

"My flight leaves at 12.30" he says. I nod slowly.

"I'll come to the airport then" I say. He looks at me.

"Really?" he asks with a smile on his face. I nod, smiling as well. I hate saying good bye to people, but I'll make an exception for Max. Max grabs my hand and kisses it.

"I'd like that" he says, his cheeks slightly flushed. I nod, kissing his hand. He laughs at my actions.

"I'll see you then" I say. He nods and leans forward. Just when I think he's gonna kiss me, his lips move to my cheek.

"I'll see you then, beautiful" he says. I smile and kiss his cheek as well. I turn around to open the door, but Max pulls me back. His lips find their way on mine and I close my eyes immediately. The kiss lasts for about 5 seconds, but it's just what I wanted. He smiles and lets my arm go. I smile and kiss his cheek once again, before getting out of his car. I walk to my door and turn around, waving at him. He waves back and drives away. I open the door and close it again. I throw of my heels and walk into the livingroom. Both my parents look at me when I get in..

"Oh, she's smiling, that means it went well!" my mum says. I just smile at her and let myself fall onto the couch.

"Why didn't you say before that it was Max?" my mum asks. I shrugg.

"Didn't want to brag about it or treat it any differently than I would with someone else" I say. She nods and kisses my head.

"I'm glad you had a nice time. He is such a gentlemen. That's something you don't expect from him when you see him on TV" she says. I giggle and nod.

"I know" I say. My dad is just smiling. He then frowns when he looks at my face.

"What's that black on your cheek?" he asks. My mum looks and whipes it away.

"Why is there mascara on your cheek?" she asks. I then remember why it would be there.

"I told him about Christy" I say. Both my parents look at each other and then to me, before slowly nodding. Not wanting to make it more dramatic, I both kiss them on their cheek and walk upstairs. I close my bedroom door and grab my pyjama's. I take off my clothes and put them on. I take my make-up off and put my hair in a bun. I grab my earplugs and lay down in bed.
I decide to text Max before going to sleep.

Me : thank you for tonight, it was amazing! xxxx

I don't get a reply for an hour, but then he replies.

Max : thank you for tonight as well. it really was :) xxx

Me : by the way

Me : i really like you as well