Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

Varian

            The tears had stopped and he was grateful for that-he much rather face her anger then her tears. He knew she was upset, thoroughly upset and she had every reason to be. It had been many centuries since he was turned, though vague of a picture he could paint, he remembered feeling quite desolate and hollow on the inside once he learned of the monster he'd become.

            He stepped forward and this time yanked her against him, she fought him weakly but eventually relaxed into him. His arms felt good, whether she was angry with him or not, she rather liked being held. He smoothed a hand through her hair, teasing the waves with playful fingers. "I'm sorry, Lily, but it had to be done. I don't regret it, if I hadn't done what I did, you wouldn't be mine."

            She smiled into his surprisingly warm chest. "That was very selfish of you."

            He grinned, "I may be a vampire, but I'm a man nonetheless and I know what I want when I see it." His dark eyes dropped hungrily to her lips, "And I want you."

            She tilted her head back to peer up at him, "I'm not for the wanting."

            He smirked, allowing her that small retort before capturing her lips with heated fervor. He kissed her hungrily, with an animalistic frenzy that heightened with each innocent stroke of her tongue. An animalistic growl arose from his throat as his arms tightened, pressing her luscious frame firm against the hardness of him. She ignited the fires within him until they seared low in his belly working a path of fieriness to his groin. He carried her to the bed and a sleepy Charlie flounced to the floor, padding softly to a cushioned chair.

            They fell upon the bed and he rolled, pulling her beneath him, deepening his kiss that produced a soft moan of pleasure from her.

            He grinned as he nuzzled the slight curve of her chin and he felt his fangs lengthening, the tips yearning for one sweet taste.

            She arched into him, enticing the inexplicable desire to span her waist with his hands, to caress the length of her, smooth the curves of her that enticed and aroused his inner beast. Along with the intolerable urge to claim her as a man would a woman, the fires of bloodlust were beginning to singe the insides of his stomach, burning exceedingly fast through his frame until the tips of his fangs were afire with want.

            "Lily-" he growled almost painfully. He seized the front of her shirt and ripped the material clear to her navel, revealing the smooth expanse of her flat stomach and a white bra construed of lace.

            She reached up and ran her hands the length of his hardened chest, mewling softly for him to remove the insufferable cloth that kept her touch at bay. Grinning crookedly, he reared back and wrenched it off, tossing it heedlessly to the floor.

Lily

            She gasped as her hands connected hotly with flesh and muscle as hard as steel. She had never encountered a man as powerfully built, wickedly chiseled and delightfully defined as Varian.  She was almost intimated by the sheer size of him and her hands pulled shyly away.

            Sensing her reluctance, he grabbed her hands and pressed a kiss into her palms.

            He leaned down, further enclosing the space that separated them and pushed her hands to the back of their heads.

            His mouth hovered above hers as a heated hiss escaped him, "Mine." His hand fell to her waist, skimming feather-like over the softness of her stomach, moving higher to the underlining of her bra. She squirmed beneath him, aching for his touch and growing increasingly impatient.