Chapter 9.

A/N:

Omggggggg!!!! 1000 reads! Thank you guys so much! <3

And to your lovely comments, it really means a lot to me! :)

Here's Chapter 9. I know I said it'll be longer but my brain is kind of drain right now with loads of homeworks. Sorry guys :( but no worries, next chapter will make this up. ;))

I'll be updating again tomorrow.

Thanks :)))))) xxxxx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SELENA'S POV:

Almost 1 week passed, I don’t know why but I can feel my heart in pain. It’s like I’m broken or something but me and Chase were perfectly fine. On the other hand, I barely saw Harry at school and whenever I would see him at the hallways, his head was down, or he would only gave me a small smile which was unusual for him. I hope our little moment wasn’t the reason or I hope he wasn’t avoiding me.

And speaking of Harry, here he comes.

“Hey, Haz.” I greeted cheerfully.

He just nodded then walks pass by me.

I look back at him and he looks pale. Very pale. Now I’m starting to worry what happened to him. He looks like he’s been sick.

This time, I will ask the lads about this.

Since it was lunch time, I decided to find the lads first before finding Chase. I was walking around the cafeteria and spotted Niall, Grace, Zayn, and Liam.

I walk up to them.

“Hey, Sel.” Grace waved.

“Hi,” I sat down, “Uh guys, can I ask you something?”

They looked at each other, I think they already know what I’m going to ask.

“Shoot.” Liam said.

“What happened to Harry?”

“Well..” Niall scratch the back of his neck.

I waited for him to continue but Liam spoke, “Harry’s been terribly sick.”

So that’s why.

“And he and Elle got in a fight, making it worse.” Zayn added.

“Oh.” I whisper. So that made sense. But somehow, I really hope it wasn’t because of me. “But they’re still together right?” I really hope they are still together.

“We don’t really know.” Niall said, “Harry doesn’t say anything.”

“He doesn’t eat either,” Zayn added, “Nor drink anything, especially blood.”

“Harry’s a mess,” I said, “He should’ve drink blood, at least. He’ll die.”

“That’s what we’re trying to say but he won’t listen,” Grace explained, “He’s really stubborn. He said one time that he took his medicines but none was working.”

 “I think you should talk to her, Sel.” Liam suggested,

“Why me?” Yes, why me? I don’t want to assume but what if Elle was jealous of me because she knows about the mate thing. I don’t want to be their concern.

“Because he won’t listen to us,” Grace said.

“And you think he will listen to me?” I defended,

“It’s worth a shot.” Niall said. “Besides, you’re his mate, your presence would give him strength. You’re enough.”

As much as I don’t want to believe it, Niall was 101% right. My mom would always tell me how mates give each other strength to survive and their presence would be enough for the other to fight for living.

“I’ll do it.” I said firmly.

I have to do this because if I don’t, Harry might die. And I don’t want that. Harry’s a friend. And I might die too. It is said that if the mate has died, you’ll feel your heart slowly shredding into pieces and breaking like a glass. And I think that’s what I’m feeling for the past week. I think Harry’s feelings were somehow affecting mine too.

“Uh guys,” I said, “I have to go. I have to see Chase. I’ll visit Harry tonight.”

They gave me a small smile while Grace gave me a sad smile. I shrugged it though and give them a small smile in return. I grab my back and began looking for Chase.

~:~

GRACE’S POV:

“Hey, what’s the look, love?” Niall asked me after putting his arm around me.

I leaned my head on his shoulder, and sighed heavily, “It’s just, I feel sad about the whole situation. Harry’s a mess because of another girl and Selena’s too wrapped up for another boy. I mean, why can’t they just be together?”

Niall rubs my arm soothingly.

“I absolutely agree.” Liam said, “It’s like they are both blind to see that they are destined for each other. Hell, they are even made for each other.”

“Yeah, I don’t get why they have to fall for someone else first before they fall to each other.” Zayn added,

“They could’ve had an early happy ever after but I think there’ll be more drama.” Niall said.

“What if they don’t end up together?” I said, my voice cracked in the end.

“Hey,” Niall kissed my temple, “We just got have faith right?”

I sighed and nodded.

Love versus fate? I don’t think that’s fair at all.