Chapter #33 ~ Creak/Riptide

Creak rested her head against Stans. He was still unconscious and the twins said he probably wouldn't wake up until they got him help at the rebel kingdom. Six days before her brother would be lost forever. Six days before Creak would lose everything she had ever loved. Sure she loved music, but it wasn't worth it. If her brother dyed, then her fight would be useless. She wanted to live in a world with music, but she didn't want to live in a world without her brother.

It was late at night and Creak had yet to fall asleep. She couldn't sleep. What if her brother woke up confused and in pain? What if he took his last breath? Creak needed to be there for him, no matter the time. She couldn't fall asleep.

Aria stood guard by the door of the cabin they had stopped to sleep in. It was a nice place, nicer than anything Creak had ever lived in, with a fireplace and complete roof.

It was also warm. A fire burned bright in the fireplace, a small stack of wood rested against the near wall. Riptide had been out for hours collecting wood to keep them warm. Creak knew he was trying to prove his worth to all of them, but he didn't have to.

Though she would never let him know, Creak was glad Rip was with them. He was a strong and an amazing warrior. If she had to pick anyone to be with her when things got bad, she would have picked Rip.
She glanced away from her brother and across the room to where he slept. His wavy hair spiked in its normal bed-headed way and his nose twitched as he slept. He looked so peaceful and Creak felt a strange urge to wrap her arms around him. He was unbelievably handsome and amazing. He had followed her for months! Everything she had gone through with Vern, Rip had gone through by himself. The kind of dedication that took was overwhelming.

She shook her head. What would he think of her if she curled herself against him to sleep? He'd think she was even more crazy! He didn't like he, not even as a friend.

"ɧơ ƈąŋ ơų ცɛ ʂơ ʂųɛ?" Angel whispered in her ear. "ɧɛ ʂąıɖ ɧɛ ʄơƖƖơῳɛɖ ơų ʄơ ɱơŋɬɧʂ ცɛƈąųʂɛ ɧɛ ɖıɖŋ'ɬ ɧą۷ɛ ąŋơŋɛ ɛƖʂɛ."

Even Gorgos had something slightly positive to say. "Despite how disgusting it is to admit this, I think Angel might be right. He said he had nowhere else to go, so clearly he feels that you'll accept him."

Creak shook her head. 'He can count on me.' She thought knowing the words were true. 'Now that he's actually here, I don't want him to leave. What does that mean though?'

ῳῳ!" Angel squealed. "ɬɧąɬ ɱɛąŋʂ ơų Ɩıƙɛ ɧıɱ!"

'No!' Creak denied the idea. 'I can't like him. How could I?'

"ɧơ ƈơųƖɖŋ'ɬ ơų?" Angel probably rolled her eyes. "ʝųʂɬ Ɩơơƙ ąɬ ɧıɱ."

Creak shook her head and squeezed her brother's hand. 'Even if I did like him, there's no way he could like me.'

"Yeah!" Gorgos spat. "Creak is way too ugly to be with someone like Riptide."