LIAM

For once, Liam agreed that there were things worse than spoons.

An example? Hanging in a mine cart over lava.

Liam and his mates were each trapped in a mine cart hung from a pole-shaped conveyor belt (Do they really have such stuff?) over a cliff. At the bottom of the pit was the boiling lava. The lava was so hot that Liam could feel the heat of it even two hundred above it.

Somewhere to Liam's right, there was a control panel. On that panel was a lever which the hooded figure had used to move the mine carts over the cliff.

But Liam did not understand one thing – earlier, the hooded figure had extracted some amount of blood from each of the boys' arms. Why? What was their blood needed for?

Liam got his answer immediately. As Zayn groaned and woke up, the hooded figure rubbed his hands. "At last all five are in conscience. Rise and shine, Malik. You need to pay attention now, because I think you finally deserve to hear my evil plan. After all, you have provided me the biggest thing I needed to put my plan into action – your blood."

From his right, Liam heard Zayn's stunned voice. "What? You – when – how did...oh." Liam looked towards Zayn and saw him looking at his left arm in utter distress. Zayn's right arm looked better now – the bleeding had stopped and blood had clotted over the gash.

"Yes, my boy. I have taken blood from each of your systems." The hooded figure pointed his staff at all five of them. Next to him, Louis yelled, "What's our blood supposed to do with your plan? You couldn't take your own blood?"

"Relax, Tomlinson. There is of course a reason. You see, each of your blood is very special. It contains music, love and brotherhood, which is absent in mine. A cell from each of your blood will be used to create a being of mine. It will contain your qualities as well as mine, which I will empower it with using magic. Then, all these creatures will destroy music, love and brotherhood FROM THE WORLD! THE WHOLE WORLD SHALL SERVE ME AS MY SLAVES, AND I SHALL BECOME THE MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE!"

The hooded figure laughed haughtily and wickedly, causing the whole room to shudder. He then pointed his staff at Harry and said, "Styles, you have been of the most use to me. You are the youngest, yes? So your blood is the most powerful of you five. The creatures made from your blood will be the strongest of my army. That is why I have taken the most blood from you."

Harry's face went slack in horror. Liam heard Zayn exclaim in shock. The hooded figure chortled contentedly. "Enjoy your stay here while you can, boys. Soon, the bomb set in this room will go off, and everything in this room will get destroyed. The chains holding that conveyer belt up will shatter, and you shall fall, or should I say, MELT to your doom!" Just as the creature was about to take the vials containing their blood, one of his men appeared from the exit, whispered something in the hooded figure's ear, and stepped back as the creature cried, "That is unacceptable. Let me go and have a look." He turned to the five lads. "Enjoy, for I may not see you again." He then followed his man out through the exit.

"WHAT?!" Niall shrieked. "THERE'S A BOMB IN THIS ROOM?!"

"Hey Niall, chillax," Liam reassured Niall. "There's got to be a way out of here. We'll find it."

Liam heard a soft sob. He looked around to see who it was and saw Harry holding the sides of his cart and gazing down at the lava dejectedly.

"What's wrong, Harry?" asked Liam.

Harry looked at Liam, and Liam was shocked to see Harry's eyes brimmed with tears.

"Hey, Harry. Why are you crying?"