HARRY

Harry wanted to get out of the mansion.

He and Zayn had been inching deeper and deeper into the mansion for the last ten minutes. The mansion was pitch black, except for these tiny little yellow circular lights every twenty meters. Harry was really grateful whenever they reached a light, however small the light would be. He just wanted light with him, and wanted the consolation that Zayn was right by his side. Harry felt happy that Zayn was with him instead of Liam or Louis. He didn't know why – he just felt that Zayn was a caring person, had a big heart, and would get the least irritated with him. 

As they passed another light, Harry looked at Zayn, and was surprised and impressed to see a whole lot of worry on his face, but hardly any fear. Harry was not able to understand how Zayn could not be scared from the dark mansion. He nudged Zayn lightly, and raised his eyebrows in a 'what happened' gesture. Zayn sighed. "I don't know, Harry. It's just that, I'm so worried about Niall, Liam and Louis. I just hope they're okay." Zayn scratched his cut on his cheek, which now looked better. Harry felt quite bad for Zayn. Zayn had had some great times with Niall. So did Harry and he did understand why Zayn ran to Niall before he got cut. Harry placed one hand on Zayn's shoulder and tried for a smile. "Don't worry Zayn. We'll find Niall, and Liam and Louis will be safe too. They're pretty tough themselves," assured Harry, wondering himself whether their friends would be safe. Zayn looked at Harry, nodded slightly, and then looked back ahead. Harry took his hand off Zayn's shoulder and rubbed his hands together. They walked in silence. Suddenly, when they were in the darkness, Harry got pulled to the left by a hand. He was dragged to the next light, and the hand made him stand a little behind the light, in darkness. "Wait here, I heard something", whispered Zayn's voice. Harry looked to where the voice came, and saw a faint outline of Zayn due to little light. He nodded, and listened. Harry heard faint footsteps approaching them from the way they had come. Harry squinted to try and see who, or what, was coming. After what seemed like twenty seconds, Harry heard two yells which echoed through the corridor, making him look away and shut his ears. When he looked back, he also joined the yelling.

Niall was flattened on the floor, and Zayn was on top of him, hugging him tight. Harry pounced upon them, making Niall cry out. "Holy cow! Get – off – pl – please", Niall wheezed. "No – air –".

"Oops, sorry", said Harry, getting up. Zayn crawled off Niall and they helped him up. Then, the three of them tackled each other into a group hug. They told each other their tales of how they ended up in that gloomy mansion. After they were done, Niall asked, "One minute, bubbleheads. Tell me something. Where's the rest of the pack?"

Harry knitted his brows. "Rest of the – oh! You mean Louis and Liam. Uh..." Harry and Zayn looked at each other and had a silent understanding.

Niall crossed his arms and looked at them, thoroughly exasperated. He leaned forward and interrupted, "Well? You guys gonna give some love here or not?" He pointed at the ground at his feet, as if he was restricted to a particular circle of land.

Zayn took a deep breath and said, "Niall, well... when you got taken, we freaked and split up. Harry and I came after you, while Liam and Louis went after the other van to try to find out the whereabouts of your kidnappers."

Niall's mouth dropped lower and lower as Zayn narrated the story from the very beginning.

Zayn couldn't even finish when, from god knows where, Liam flattened the three of them on the floor, shouting 'Yes! I found you guys!' and 'Niall, you jerk! You scared me to death!'

"Liam – get – off", gasped Harry.

Liam stood up, and the Harry, Zayn and Niall took a deep breath of air. Then they stood up, and exchange of stories happened. As Liam finished his tale, Harry suddenly noticed that Louis was missing. "Liam, um, where's Louis?" Harry asked uncertainly.

"What do you mean by 'Where is Louis'? He's right here, of course."

"Um, 'right here' where?" asked Zayn.

"Come on, lads. He's right in front of your –". Liam had turned to his side and was just about to say 'eyes' when he realized that Louis was missing. Liam looked about him, saying, "What?! He was right here, next to me! Louis? Louis! LOUIS! Where are you?"

"Louis! Man, I'm back, and now you need to go hiding? That's not fair", called out Niall.

"Niall, don't say that. Louis wouldn't go hiding in such a creepy place, however playful he may be", said Zayn.

"Well lads", said Liam in a frantic voice, "Louis is definitely not hiding, so his absence could only mean one thing."

Harry's heart sank. He said in a slow and miserable voice, "Louis' caught. And that means he's in danger."