~Chapter 3~

I had thought before that there was only one giant, but the second one was more kind than any of my old friends,both of them were more kind and thoughtful than anyone I knew, so why can't we trust them? They never hurt me intentionally!

(The image in this chapter was NOT drawn by me, it was made by TinyPancakes on Tumblr!)

     Rishka stared at the other giant, he looked younger, but at the same time taller than the one that had found Rishka. The first giant, whom she now referred to as Jack or Sean (mainly Jack), stalked over to the other. Jack set Rishka down, and she panicked. Jack pointed to the collar around the other giant's neck. He wanted her to free him, too. Rishka hesitantly approached the other giant, and he stared at her, then at Jack. He too, looked thin and hurt, but he had no javelins or spears lodged anywhere. He stared at her, then knelt down, realizing what was going on.

     Rishka stared for a moment, then climbed up the giant's arm. She felt his arm tense as she made her way to the collar. She did the same as she did with Jack, but saw the name Mark engraved in the collar, plus it didn't look as rusted as Jack's. She pulled on the lever and the collar came off. The giant, possibly named Mark, lowered himself and allowed her to slide off. She turned and looked at both giants. They stared at her, watching her every move. Rishka heard something moan, and investigated the source. The two giants watched, intrigued by her curiosity.

She found a cavern in Mark's side of the ravine, and inside was the same T-Rex that had chased her down here. It was stuck in a crevice parallel to the one she had entered in. Inside the room, apart from the dinosaur, was a shelf with journals and scrolls. She approached and the dinosaur roared at her, struggling to get to her, or to get out. Rishka ignored the dinosaur's struggles for freedom. She saw that almost every journal was burnt, torn, or had many missing pages. She found only a few journals (the scrolls were written in a strange language) that were untouched, and read through them.

     Rishka stared at the journals, realizing that they were notes on giants and on the island. The journals she grabbed were all about giants. She also had found a perfectly fine satchel and stored the six journals in it. The satchel had room for more items, so she didn't need to worry about choosing between items. She also grabbed a scroll, which was a map of the island strangely enough. She left the room, the dinosaur still struggled to be free, but she doubted it would free itself. Outside, the two giants were sitting, watching her as she slid out of the crack. Both of them sat up and looked at her as a rock  fell from the crack in the wall. She froze, then slowly walked towards the center of the room, hoping to find a way out.

     Jack seemed to know what she was doing, and picked her up. She panicked, gripping Jack's fingers as he lifted her to his shoulder. Rishka quickly scrambled onto his shoulder as Mark walked over. She scanned the area, and found a gap. The rest of the ravine. She cautiously slid down onto Jack's hand, and he lowered her to the ground. She ran to the area, Mark following cautiously while Jack limped over.

     Did he get hurt while I was gone? Or was he always limping? Rishka thought, studying the giant. He had a scar on his right leg. The two stared at her, waiting for her to continue. She ignored Jack's injury and continued on, the lighting was too dim for her to examine the wound.