Chapter Thirteen

(This is the dress Y/N will be using on the Christmas dinner.)

Lauren's POV

It's been a few weeks since we finalized Y/N's adoption, she's now legally mine and no one can do anything about it.
We are now only one day away from Christmas Eve and I am going home. It seems like my father was right after all, my mom said she was sorry and that she regrets acting the way she did. So, as uneasy as I am, I'm actually really looking forward to going home and introducing my daughter to the rest of the Jauregui family.

I was finishing packing up, while Y/N was sitting on our hotel bed dangling her little legs from the edge of it.

"What's Mommy doing?" She whispered to Mr. Carrots. I chuckled.
"Well, Mommy is packing up our stuff." I answered her.
"Why?" She looked up at me cocking her head to the side like a puppy. I smiled.
"Because it soon will be Christmas, and the girls and I are taking a break." Her face showed realization and she nodded.
"Mommy?" She called after some time in silence.
"Yes?"
"Are we going to Mama's house for Christmas? I miss Uncle Bwandon." I smiled at her, they really did had a lot of fun together.
"No, sweetie. We're going home. We'll be in Miami for the holidays." I told her and she smiled widely.

Later that day...

We were all in the airport waiting for our flights back to our hometowns, Y/N was clinging to Ally like her life depended on it.

"I wanna be with you too, Mama." She said with her head laying in Ally's chest.
"I know, honey. But I gotta go home for Christmas, and so do you."
"But, Mama..." She didn't get to finish her sentence because she started to whimper, before starting to cry silently against Ally's dress.
The sight broke and warmed my heart at the same time. I knew my baby had grew fond of Ally the past few months and it was sweet to see her so attached to her, but it hurt me to know she was crying because of the same reason.

Not long after, Ally's flight was called and she had to leave, making Y/N cry louder. I gave her Mr. Carrots and she clinged to it like she did to Ally and started to run her small fingers through my hair, with her face buried in it.
By the time our flight was called, she was already asleep.

She was still sleeping when we landed in Miami. This time I hadn't told my parentes what time the plane would land, because I wanted to be a surprise when I came home. So Camila, Y/N and I took a cab out of the airport. Camila's house was a few blocks before mine, so when we pulled up in front of my house, she was already gone.
The driver helped me carry the bags to the front door, seeing as I had a four year old sleeping in my arms. I paid him a little extra for the help and he left. I had the keys to the house in my pocket, and after a doing a little dance struggling to get them out, I finally found them and opened the door.
I walked in just as my dad was walking down the stairs, and there he froze.

"Clara! I think I might be getting old, I'm seeing Lauren at the front door." He yelled at my mom who came rushing to the door with Taylor right behind her.
"Oh my God." She gasped covering her mouth with her hand with a look of surprise in her face.
"Hi. I'm home." I said barely above a whisper.

A few minutes later...

I had put Y/N to sleep on the couch as my father and brother helped me with the suitcases. We took everything to my old room, that I didn't had to share with my little sister anymore (thank God).

As I went back down the stairs I could see my baby starting to wake up, so I walked up to her and sat by her feet. She stirred a little before letting out a cute little yawn. She opened her eyes slowly and her big bright eyes met mine and she smiled.
"Mommy." She made grabby hands towards me and I took her in my arms. She buried her face in my neck still feeling a little bit sleepy.
"Where is my favorite granddaughter?" My dad asked while walking down the stairs. Y/N's head shot up when she heard his voice and a big smile drew itself to her face.
"GRANDPA!" She yelled running in his direction, he caught her in his arms and spun her around, making her giggle.