Chapter Six

That night after the show I couldn't top thinking about my mom's call. She sounded really mad. And now, I'm screwed.
Don't get me wrong my mom is usually a sweet heart, she loves everyone and only wants the best for everybody, but sometimes she shows it in the worst ways possible.
I have no idea of what she is going to say, but I'm pretty sure is not going to be good.

"Mommy! Mommy!" Y/N came running down the hallway and into my arms.
"Hey there, cutie." I kissed her cheek and she giggled.
"Wook!" She lifted up a piece of paper.
"What is that, sweetie?" I asked smiling at her.
"Is for you. Is our family." She handed it to me and I took it. "See? That's you." She pointed at the drawing. "That's me, Mr. Good Bear, Mr. Cawots and that's Mama." She smiled proudly.
"Is beautiful." I took a picture of it and put it as my lock screen.

I don't care if my mom is mad, this little girl right here in my arms, is so worth fighting for.

Back at the bus...

My mom said they were going to meet me in LA. Which is actually not our next stop. We're going to Illinois next, then Kansas City, Albuquerque and then Los Angeles. So I had about a week to prepare until my family got here.

Four days later...

SHIT! We're leaving for LA tonight. I have no idea of how was I supposed to act or say or do. I was so nervous I started biting my nails.

"Yo dawg, if you keep doing this there won't be any nails left." Dinah said sitting by my side on the couch in the front lounge.
"I know it's just..." I sighed.
"Your mom?" She guessed and I nodded. "What are you so afraid of? She can't do much, you know? You're 20, you can already legally adopt Y/N, you're very responsible and..." She made me look at her by lifting my face with her finger. "You're the best mom Y/N could ever have. Don't doubt that and don't let your mom do it for you."
"Thanks D." I smiled lightly. She pulled my head closer to hers and gently kissed my cheek.
"Anytime, boo." And with that, she left me to my thoughts.

Later on the evening I found myself in the same spot. 3:00am and I couldn't sleep. We would be in LA in the morning and I would probably be too tired by then, but I just couldn't sleep. That was when I saw a little body walking into the front lounge. She was hugging Mr. Carrots and was sucking on her thumb.

"Oh, my baby. Why are you up so late?" She walked over to me and climbed on my lap and got comfortable before answering.
"I had a bad dweam." She whispered.
"Oh, honey. Do you wanna tell me what was your dream about?" She nodded slowly.
"In my dweam Daddy found out that I was living with you and took me back. He put me in the basement for being a bad girl. It was dark in there and I was scawed, so I cwied for you and Daddy got mad, and he punished me, bad." She was shaking and crying by now.
"Oh baby, no one is going to take you away from me. They can't."
"Really?" She looked up at me with hope in her eyes.
She's my baby, mine. No one is ever going to take her from me, not her mom and dad, not my mom, no one.
"Really. I promise you." I kissed her forehead and hugged her even closer to me, before falling asleep with an angel in my arms.

The next morning I woke up with a little hand in my eye. I smiled and took it off gently, she hugged me closer by my neck and went back to sleep.
Being careful not to wake her up I detangled myself from her and put her back down on the couch.
I saw Ally and Mani sitting at the table eating, I got up and joined them.

"Hey." I said while sitting down.
"Hi." They said in unison.
"Are we there yet?" I asked as I took a plate and fork to start eating the pancakes I assume Ally made.
"No. But I asked the driver and we are one hour away." Oh, God.

Y/N woke up not long after that and I shared my pancakes with her, but being the way she is, wanted more.
After breakfast I helped Y/N change and changed myself out of my pajamas, it was nearly 9:00am and now we were only a few minutes away from LA. Which means we're only a few minutes away from my mom, my very pissed off mom.

At exactly 9:30am the bus stopped and we were parked in front of a venue, I looked outside the window and I could already see my sister coming towards the bus. Oh dear, God.
Y/N pulled on the hem of my shirt lightly and when I looked down she made grabby hands to me so I would know she wanted me to pick her up, I did as she pleased and nervously walked to the door. Dinah opened the door and stepped out, Normani followed suit. I was the last one to leave and when I did, all of my family were already waiting for me.

I put Y/N down as soon as I stepped out of the bus so I could hug my family properly, my parents hugged me and so did Chris, but Taylor, oh Taylor, she jumped on me which made Y/N squeal and hide behind my legs. I let go of Taylor and turned kneeling down to Y/N's height, she had her eyes wide in fear and she was shaking lightly.
"It's okay, baby. Look at me." She did as I said. "There's nothing to be afraid of, okay? I promise." She nodded. I took her in my arms and she clung to me for dear life.

I turned back to look at my family and smiled the best I could.
"Baby, this is my little sister, Taylor." I introduced. "Can you say hi?" I asked, knowing she was really shy around new people.
"Hi." She said cutely, but lowly. Taylor's smile grew wider.
"Aw, you're so cute." Y/N hid her face in my neck, but I knew she was smiling.
"This is my brother, Chris." Y/N waved shyly. "And these are my mom and dad, Clara and Mike."
"But... You k-know, you could c-call me g-grandpa if you want." My dad said and I smiled brightly at seeing that he was actually nervous about Y/N accepting him or not.
"Otay. And what can I call you?" Y/N said emphasizing the 'you' while looking at my mother. Her mouth was a thin line. She didn't look happy at all.
"You'll call me Clara, you're not related to me in any way." She said in a harsh tone, making Y/N cringe a little, but I soon started to rub circles on her back to sooth her.
"Otay, then." Y/N said with her head down.

A few hours later...

The girls and I decided to go shopping for Thanksgiving and Christmas outfits, since it was coming really soon. Taylor and my mom decided to tag along, which was fine until my mom started sending glares Y/N's way every time she said something or just simply acted like a kid would and it was pissing me off.

"Mommy! Mommy! Wook at the pwetty dwess." She pointed to a grey dress with little bow tied bears in it.
"It's really pretty baby, do you want it?" She nodded shyly. I got the dress off the rack and when I turned around my mom was saying something to Y/N that I couldn't quite make out because she was whispering. "What are you doing?" I asked my mom while I took Y/N's hand and saw her eyes pricking with tears. "Baby, what's wrong?" But she didn't answer, she ran away in Normani's direction and ran into her arms. Mani looked at me quizzically but I shrugged, not knowing the answer to that outburst as well, the only thing I did know was that it was somehow my mom's fault.

HEY GUYS!!

So, thank you for all the feedback on the last chapter. I received some ideas and I loved all of them, you can keep sending them to me, doesn't matter if you'll DM me or put it in the comments, just send it, all ideas are valid.
Next, I asked you guys to tell me which girl you would like me to pair Lauren with, so here are the nominees:

Alren
Laurmani
Laucy

Any other shipp you want to add to this list, comment so I'll know.
Third of all, HOLY MOTHER ALLYSUS LAUREN'S LETTER TO TRUMP HAD ME DYING! The way she said those words, every single one of them, I felt like a proud Momma.
And last but not least, WHAT WAS THAT AMA'S RED CARPET OUTFITS!! I WAS SHOOK. DEAD ON THE FLOOR, MIJA. Not even gonna talk about the performance because then I would have to write a whole new book about it.

Enough said, bye beautiful people.