Love Olympus (16)

Start from the beginning

"Maybe.." I sneered at her.

"Maybe not!" She giggled. I slumped my head knowing I failed. Venus kept on laughing until tears came out of her eyes. Her giggles were like miniature knives hitting me repeatedly in the back.

It was a breath of fresh air, yet the words and what I really wants to say to her kept scratching my throat. Still... It was something rather then the cold treatment I've been getting from her lately.

I thought it was because we were on opposite teams now, but no... I realized quickly the you're-mine-anyway, scheme didn't float with her. It sunk actually.

Venus stopped and began laughing continuously until I joined in. When you think about it, minus the humiliation it was funny. I don't know why I took off my shirt, heat of the moment I guess..

"Nice man boobs," Venus winked.

"Thanks," I replied sarcastically. "I'm just going to interpret your words as pecks so, thank you very much."

"I meant that," Venus crooned smiling slightly.

"I failed."

"Yes. You. Did."

"I don't know why..." I murmured.

"I don't know why either!" Venus snorted a chuckle. She started to laugh some more which got me smiling.

"I like when you laugh," I grinned along with her. "It makes me forget I'm even in this game."

"I'm sorry I'm an inconvenientdistraction," Venus's smile deflated right away. I regretted even stating what I said. Rubbing my nose I figured it was a rather appropriate time to change it into the direction I really wanted.

The conversation.

"Where do we stand?" I all of a sudden asked. "Since I don't determine it.."

"I don't know," Venus shrugged catching my drift. "I really don't know.."

"Will you ever give me a chance?" I winced a little.

"I already did," Venus stared.

"How so?" I stared back frowning.

"The fact were meant for each other," she generally answered with a hint of sarcasm.

"That doesn't help," I smirked.

"Are you only interested in me because you know were meant together Clark?" Venus whispered. The question was out of nowhere, but I knew it was going to be asked one way or another.

"Truthfully?" I began.

Venus nodded.

"Yes," I murmured.

She stared me down for a few seconds and turned around facing the floor. I gulped nervously and kept on clenching and unclenching my fists.

"Thank you Clark.." Venus murmured. "Thank you," she laughed lightly.

"Just because-"

"You don't have to explain," she shook her head. "It doesn't really matter."

"It does to me," I whispered. "I don't...." Trailing off slightly I breathed to regain my momentum. "I like you Venus, okay? I like you..."

"Not love?"

"Not yet," I snapped.

Venus smiled.

"A lot.. I like you a lot," I rubbed my cheeks feeling the blood rush. "Yeah..." I cleared my voice. "That's it."

Venus went quiet.

I was facing the door and not her which made the moment less humiliating. I glanced her way several times until I turned my head fully around. She blinked and tilted he head staring at my chest.