Marry Me, My Love

"Ugh... that's so cliché." Regina said, with a dramatic roll of her eyes. They were watching a Christmas movie and as it was coming to an end the male lead proposed on Christmas Eve to the woman he was in love with. It was supposed to be romantic but Regina found it completely predictable. She wasn't one to really get into movies but Robin definitely was. He was quite fascinated by them.

"Cliché?" Robin questioned, looking down at Regina in his arms. He was a bit worried, it was in fact Christmas Eve and he was going to propose to her. He thought it would be romantic, the boys were asleep and they were lying in bed watching movies together. He loves times like this, the times where he could just hold her and watch as she fell asleep in his arms.

Regina nodded, "It's so unoriginal." She replied and Robin was surprised she didn't feel the change in his heart rate. He had the ring right beside him, he'd put it in the first drawer in his bedside table knowing that every night before bed she went downstairs for a glass of water. His plan was that when she came back upstairs he would be ready to propose. He was losing all confidence in that plan.

"Really?" Robin asked again, wondering if she'll change her mind. That was certainly not the case.

"Yes, it makes it all less romantic." She replied, "I mean he's known her so long, the least he can do is take her out for dinner but no, he decides to just come right out and say it-"

"Regina, I-" Robin tried to cut in on her little rant mostly to spare his own feelings. She didn't even seem to acknowledge he was speaking.

"No big romantic gesture or anything. It's pathetic, really." Regina finally finished by saying.

Robin had enough of this, he couldn't propose now. At least not now knowing how much she didn't like this particular idea, who knows if she'd even say yes?

He quickly pulled back the bedsheets and swung his legs over the side of the bed, yanking on the knob of the drawer to pull it open. He grabbed the little black box, then shut the drawer with his knee before looking at her. She wasn't even paying any attention to him. He leaned over the bed and took her hand, placing the box in her palm and for a moment they locked eyes. He simply sighed and said a low "here" before exiting the room, closing the door behind him and walking downstairs.

Regina looked from the door to the box in her hand, completely confused. Then the pieces fell into place and her heart beat fast in her chest. She took a deep breath before opening the box, tears now forming in her eyes. Inside was a princess cut diamond ring, with a silver band. It was simple and dainty but beautiful, Robin knew her well.

She was crying now, she felt so bad. He was going to propose tonight. She should've gotten the hint when he kept asking what she thought about what happened in that movie. She should've just lied. Why couldn't she of lied? She ruined everything for him, and for herself. If it was him proposing tonight she would've thought it was perfect, everything would've been so perfect.

She had to do something. She had to fix this so Regina threw off the blankets and shut the box, jumping out of bed and running out of their bedroom and down the stairs. She was searching in every room of the house until she finally saw him standing in the kitchen, elbows leaning on the counter with his head in his hands. She stopped and watched him for a moment taking a deep breath before calling his name.

"Robin?" She said, he immediately turned around to face her although he wouldn't look her in the eyes yet. She took a few steps toward him, "I'm so sorry, baby."

"You have nothing to be sorry for. It was my stupid idea." Robin sighed, shaking his head.

Regina lifted his chin with her finger so he would look her in the eyes. "It wasn't stupid, I'm sorry for what I said but I just had no idea that you were even thinking of proposing. If I could take back what I said I would because no matter how you proposed I would've loved it." She said, then leaned in to kiss his lips.

Robin felt her press the box into his palm then pull back from the kiss. "Propose to me." She whispered, biting down on her lower lip. He raised his eyebrows, "Right here, now?"

Regina nodded, "I don't care how you propose or where you propose, all I care about is being your fiancée and then your wife. I want to spend the rest of my life with you." She said, then pecked his lips again.

He smiled at her and took a step back, then took one of her hands in his. "Regina," he began and already she was smiling. "From the moment we met, you had a hold on my heart. I know back in the Enchanted forest we didn't get along that great but here in Storybrooke is where we fell in love." She squeezed his hand, earning a soft smile from him in return. "We've come a long way and had a lot thrown at us but every obstacle had brought us to where we are now and honestly I couldn't be happier... So," Robin got down on his knee now and Regina now had watery eyes. "Will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me, my love?"

Regina was already nodding her head mid sentence but managed a weak "yes" as a smile broke out on her face, wider and happier than ever. Robin slid the ring on her finger then stood as she immediately threw herself into his arms. "I love you." Regina whispered, into his shoulder.

"I love you too." He replied, before pulling away to kiss her. With their lips fused together, she ran her hands through his short hair as his gripped her waist. Robin eventually placed the box on the counter then picked Regina up in his arms, her legs wrapping around his torso. "Shall we go upstairs my fiancée?" He asked in between kisses.

"We shall."