Stay

They had been kissing. Kissing so gently, each brush of her lips against his spread warmth through her and made her heart thud in her chest. He had laid her on the couch, and hovered over her, his knees on either side of her hips and his hands cupping her face, fingers sliding through her hair. Their lips met and there were fireworks igniting within her, with one hand around his back and the other on his chest, feeling the organ pumping under her palm. Those fireworks must've been exploding within him as well, she could feel it. He kissed her long and hard this time, his hand moving downwards, along her side and it stopped on the curve of her hip.

"Robin..." Regina took a moment to breathe, opening her eyes to meet his blue eyed gaze. His eyes had darken a little, now a stormy blue and she felt his thumb brush against her cheek and she sighed, "I have to go." She did not want to go, believe me, she wished she could stay like this forever, but it was Christmas Eve. She had to go home and get ready for Henry to come by in the morning, he would expect presents and a beautifully decorated home.

"Roland isn't home for another hour or so." Robin said in a breathy whisper, then leaned down to capture her lips again. She allowed herself to melt into his touch, his kiss, for a few short seconds before she pressed a hand to his chest, signalling him to stop.

Regina looked up at him and pecked his lips, appreciatively, not wanting him to think he was doing anything wrong. "I'm serious. I have to go." Her hand slid up his neck until it rested on his cheek and she stroked her thumb back and forth along it. He gave her wrist the softest whisper of a kiss, and for a moment she abandoned the whole idea of leaving.

"I don't want you to leave, at least stay for a little longer. It's freezing out there, let me keep you warm." Came Robin's reply, moving a few pillows in order to lie beside her. She gave in, telling herself to stay for just a few more minutes then she rolled over, tucking her head into the crook of his neck as his arms wrapped around her tiny frame and pulled her against him.

Robin placed kisses in her hair, every once and a while, and her lips pressed into his neck, inhaling his masculine scent of forest that always seemed to linger there and her finger trailed in random patterns along the dress shirt he'd chosen to wear. Earlier that night, he'd planned a lovely dinner for the two of them, just like their first date by the fireplace. Although this time it was at his house, accompanied by a Christmas tree, lit and decorated, and some peppermint hot chocolate instead of wine.

"I love you." Robin whispered, feeling her lift her head from his shoulder and her hand stop suddenly and lay flat on his chest. He bumped his nose with hers, and kissed her until she was the one on top of him, her hands now the ones traveling through his hair as their lips locked. "I love you..." She heard him say again. "And I want you..." Another kiss to his lips, "To stay." She finally pulled back and looked down at him, breathing a sigh.

"But Henry..." Regina tried to reason, "I don't want him coming home in the morning to no presents or worse, without me there." His palms ran up and down her back, and he nodded. He would hate for Roland to come home to that, but maybe if she brought the presents here... that would be too much to ask. With that, she gave him one last kiss, long and passionate, then rolled off of him and stood from the couch.

Robin grabbed at her hand, "I'll walk you out." He said, standing from the couch as well. She pulled him towards the door and he took her jacket from the coat hook as she slipped into her black heels. "Thank you for spending this evening with me, it was lovely." He kissed her then, "I wish you could stay."

"I'm sorry." She sighed, running her hand down his arm until her fingers folded around his hand.

"No need to apologize, Milady. I understand, your son is more important." Robin replied, looking down at their hands then back up to her eyes.